QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Nurse Jackie

So I've heard of this show before but never actually tried to watch it myself. Until earlier this week. I just started season three, and WOW this show is powerful. Idk why I haven't tried watching it before. 

Its about a character named Jackie who is an ER nurse and has two kids and a husband. She's cheating on her husband with the guy who runs the hospital pharmacy. She is completely addicted to pain medication. She goes through crazy ways to get her fix,and does the most selfish things i've ever seen a person do. Then I remembered... oh wow.... that was me. A selfish addict who would do anything for drugs. I can't wait to see where this show goes, and how or if she gets better. So no spoilers if you've seen it. And if you have not seen it, I highly suggest you do. It shows drug addiction in a way i've never seen on television before. Very detailed. Very well-planned. And such a great character to show just how bad addiction can be. Her character is SO relatable to any drug addict, no matter which drug of choice. She even hid some pain killers in easter eggs in the easter box her family kept in the garage... I used to do that shit lol, hide it around for when i'm out. It definitely keeps me remembering why I chose to quit using, and just how much I have right now that could completely vanish if I relapsed. I mean seriously where has this show been my whole life? haha I love it. 

Also if you've ever watched House M.D. it is A LOT like that show. Nurse Jackie and House have the same addiction problem. I suggest you watch both shows if you are looking for something to watch. 

That's all for now :) haha love you guys 

• Like 1