AlwaysAwesome

One year came and went...too busy living to notice.

15 posts in this topic

Well, as of June 5th I am one year clean!  I didn't even think about it.  I was so busy hanging out at the pool with the kids, going to watch my daughter's friend in her dance recital, and just living life. 

I am so happy and looking forward to the future.  Every day is better than the one before.  To all the Newbies, you can do this!  It is so worth it...

Love to you all, because without the support of this forum I don't know if I would have made it this far. 

Here's to many more!

Heather :)

8 people like this

Congrats Heather!! :)  You rock! Thanks for all that you contribute here.  You have helped so many others in your quitting process and I really enjoy reading your posts.

For a lot of people it seems that after one year, the worst is behind you.  I know that for me, things changed at around the one year mark.  I was much more stable and noticed a lot of improvements at around that time.

PS I love the fact that you didn't even notice your milestone! 

2 people like this

Congratulations! That is so great and encouraging to hear. I remember seeing your first posts as I had joined around the same time as you. Keep having a great summer! :) 

1 person likes this

That went by really quickly. Seems like yesterday, you posted here for the first time.  Very few make it past the first few months.  Congrats congrats!

2 people like this

Awesome job heather! Look at you,.YOU DID IT. you preserved through it. what a great day for you!! A day that was well earned.

1 person likes this

Congrats! As a newbie I definitely look at your success as inspiration. I cannot wait for the day when this evil drug isn't even a memory!

2 people like this

Congratulations!!!!  That is AWESOME! ;)

You are such a great help around this forum to the newbies and very inspirational.  Thank you!!!

1 person likes this

Thanks everybody!  I think I am a testament to how successful this website can be for those who want to quit.  Hang in there newbies!  It does get better!  

1 person likes this

You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing. I'm so happy for you that you are living a new and happy life! You are worth it. â¤ï¸

1 person likes this

Great job, Heather. It's awesome when you're not counting the days/months anymore, and just living your life. Clean time will fly by now. 

2 people like this

Congratulations on one year Heather, you did it!! Here's to many more future celebrations! woo hoo! :D

1 person likes this

Squeeee!  This is such a huge accomplishment.  I think it feels better than when I graduated from college, both times!  It sure seems like it was more difficult.  

1 person likes this