QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Top Ten Reasons for Quitting Adderall

quit-once

10. Lack of emotion

9. Love sleeping now.

8. Started to have health problems.

7. Became a vicious rage monster (which seem to be the ONLY emotion I ever felt)

6. I too have useless things I bought while on Adderall( I was very obsessed with sales. I would seem to buy anything as long as it was on sale)

5. I love not feeling like I have to be sneaky and deceitful.

4. I got arrested

3. Became a felon (2 felonies actually)

2. No more severe and illogical OCD.

1. Freedom to be myself and embrace my wonderful GIFT of ADHD:)

• Like 1

1 - Stable mental health

2- No longer being paranoid that I would caught by a doctor or pharmacist for 'doctor shopping' for pills

3 - No longer scheduling my life around when I would run out of adderall

4- The ability to work a stable job again

5 - No longer hurting and destroying relationships by my adderall behavior

6- No more relying on adderall as my sole source of energy

7- No more false perception of being invincible

8 - no more damage being done to my dopamine pathways in my brain

9 - No more of those sleepless nights, empty stomach, surfing web for hours 

10- I trust myself to not make irrational adderall induced decisions that could mess up my life .

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

1- I want control of my life.

2- I go to bed feeling sick and wake up feeling sick, only in between when I'm on my adderall do I feel good... parts of the day I guess I should say.

3- I went from being disgusted by cigarettes to smoking a pack a day.

4- I miss just relaxing on the couch and being able to watch a movie without my mind being trapped. Relaxing in general.

3- I always feel like I'm in a huge rush. Even if I don't have anywhere I need to be.

2- I feel very detached and in my own world.

1- lack of emotion

How can you love something that you hate so much and does so much harm to you?

• Like 2

3- I always feel like I'm in a huge rush. Even if I don't have anywhere I need to be.

Totally.  I remember this feeling.  I was always racing against the clock because anxiety about "how long do I have before this wears off and I start to feel like shit again.....???" was always racing through my mind.

Hi Andi,  are you new to the forum?  are you struggling with the decision to quit?  are you looking for support?

We're here.

Totally.  I remember this feeling.  I was always racing against the clock because anxiety about "how long do I have before this wears off and I start to feel like shit again.....???" was always racing through my mind.

Hi Andi,  are you new to the forum?  are you struggling with the decision to quit?  are you looking for support?

We're here.

SO TRUE!

i hated most that i had rely so much on the doctor to write the script. the doctor had so much power over me.

I need to get off xanax. ive been taking it for work but im already starting to wonder when im going to be able to take off work to see my doctor to get new script for refills blah blah blah..its the same kind of thing just not nearly as extreme as adderall. Also i lost my xanax i thought today and i was pretty freaked out. and i dont like seeing that from me.

Hey I'm on day 8. Quit for like 10 days a month ago. Want it to stick this time.

10. Better sleep

9. I laugh

8. I enjoy the taste of food

7. I can exercise without feeling like my heart can't take it

6. I'm not thirsty all the time

5. Better teeth/gums

4. I'm not hot all the time

3. I feel that I can/will be able to one day enjoy life rather than just feel the high and then it's gone

2. I can think quicker without adderall

1. I'm me. The real me. And that's okay. I do not need to be anyone else. It's OK.

• Like 1

7. I can exercise without feeling like my heart can't take it

This is IMO the biggest reward of quitting.  You can find out what your body is ACTUALLY capable of doing.

While the high of adderall is empowering in some twisted sense, life while abusing adderall is anything but....

3. Became a felon (2 felonies actually)

Wow! That just reminded me! I started my entire recovery in 2006 because I got arrested for forging scripts for ADDERALL. This drug has been in my life longer than I thought. And even though I've gone years without taking it in the past, I still went back to it. And here's the irony, I thought it would help me "stay on top of things at work", but what actually ended up happening is I got fired! FYI Drug and Alcohol Counselors who are in recovery get fired if they use drugs.