QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My close call last week and hopefully my last big hurdle

Doge

It is my deepest held belief that just one pill can and would change the course of my life in a negative and uncertain way.  I am scared shitless of this evil drug and I have to believe I am violently allergic to it at all times.  Wow.  You sure held it together during your time of test.  Did you just back out of the deal at the last minute in a moment of rationality? 

I try really hard not to give any mental energy to thoughts of relapse or glorification of its usage.  I think of my mind as a TV set and I simply change the channel when I don't like a certain thought process.

Good for you and your strong resistance, Grumpycat!

• Like 4

This new supplier I found could have been a cop (and I've been caught with pills by the police before so I don't think they'd let me off lightly a second time) or someone who might just have offered to meet me somewhere discreet and then beaten/robbed me. 

Fear of the unknown won out during the moment of truth, which I guess in some sense could be seen as rationality.  But it wasn't any sort of strong resistance I'm sad to say.  True rationality didn't return until after some long conversations with ZK and then coming back to this site and posting/reading more.

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement all the same.

• Like 3

Could you imagine racking up a criminal record over this dumb pill? What's important is that you DIDNT DO IT. Cravings can make a person totally irrational...the next time you feel tempted like that remember to stop, drop and roll ..

Also one pill is too many and a thousand is never enough.

• Like 4

Don't let temptation get the best of you! You can overcome the odds by just telling yourself every day that you DON'T need it and it CAN'T control you. Just by telling yourself that every day, you'll see the grip of these hands loosen up and let you go be free as a bird. And, that's what you and me and everyone that cares and loves you wants.

"Never give up. Never surrender."

Remember that quote? Tim Allen used it in Galaxy Quest. Words to live by. If not that, then how about: "Do or Do Not, There Is No Try." - Yoda.

People care and are here to look out for you if no one else will.

• Like 1