QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm working on cutting my last 50mg adderall/ritalin dose down and it's been proving incredibly difficult. I was taking 3x50mg combined doses per day but am down to just 1 in the morning...it's almost impossible for me to get out of bed without it!  :angry:

So, to help, I ordered some 300mg adrafinil capsules online last week (at the suggestion of user nouedis) after doing a lot of research on it and they got here today. If I like it and am interested in pursuing it more I'll ask my psychiatrist for some real prescription modafinil when I go in in a couple weeks but I wanted to try it NOW  :P

It seems the average dose range people find effective is 100-300mg, but a few use 600 or even 900mg. I thought 150mg would be a good starting point. I just took half a capsule and will report back in a bit!

Wow, this stuff is really interesting... I'm not sure it's what I was looking for in terms of an energy boost but it's doing wonders for my focus and attention span. It's not like adderall where I constantly seek out things to do because I need to occupy my mind, rather just that when I do sit down to try and do something, I'm laser-focused from start to finish. I took the 150mg 2 hours ago and ended up taking the other half a capsule an hour ago and wow, 300mg will be great in the future when I need to really buckle in and get stuff done but might be a lot for daily use. 

Honestly, I'm more focused and attentive than I ever was on adderall without any of the tweaky, twitchy, sweaty, irritating side effects. Highly recommend adrafinil if you're struggling with ADD symptom management when you quit! :)

I hope you really have found something that works for you.  And I don't mean to come across as negative but it is worth noting that I for one never noticed any of the negative side effects of adderall when I first used it.  I was already hooked (but of course didn't know it yet) by the time I did.

I admit I'm talking about stuff I don't know anything about really, but my adderall experience has put a real 'anti-drug' theme on my brain.

• Like 3

That's understandable haha, it's best to be wary of falling back on other substances for sure. I was an addict even before adderall, it made it easier to quit at the time but ended up being just as bad. Honestly I don't remember having very many side effects on adderall until I ramped all the way up to 150mg a day and even then I ignored them because the pros outweighed the cons until my body finally had enough and I couldn't take it anymore.

As a side note, now that a couple more hours have passed, I definitely am getting a nice energy boost and am in a better mood. But I don't feel the need to take more & more like I would with adderall. It feels natural and mild.

Adrafinil is actually pretty good stuff! I've tried it a few times alongside with a couple of other nootropics back in 2014 when i was starting to looking for alternatives for adderall since all it was doing was getting me into trouble repeatedly and not necessarily helping me.

Have yall heard of Sunifiram? I've tried it since it supposed to be a hyper-potent nootropic (geared towards memory and focus). I've really been learning about these nootropics and some of the older ones (like Piracetam), since the whole reason I was taking adderall was to boost my focus and memory.

I've tried Adrafinil from who provided a COA for their product, and was pretty surprised with how well it worked for me in the mornings after a late night, or when I was working late. Nootropics as a whole is pretty interesting stuff, and I plan on trying a few more after seeing how well Adrafinil worked for my morning grogginess and for keeping me focused throughout my morning.