QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I'm quitting today. Tired of living a lie

Serena333

If been on adderall for 15 years. I've been involved in AA for 25.

No matter how hard I try I can't take it as prescribed. I take way past the max dose

I've been lying to everybody. The guilt I feel is enormous.

I use up the months prescription in one week. Then hibernate for three.

I can't do this alone you people are the only ones I've been honest with.

Please tell me there is hope, that I can eventually find out who I really am.

Or whatever I should know before I stop for good.

Thanks for listening

• Like 2

Yes! Welcome! I just quit yesterday! Been in AA for 9 years, had 3 years without adderall or anything else up until mid August. I know exactly how you feel! It keeps you trapped in self, unable to connect with people, and the the dishonesty poison to your soul. There ABSOLUTELY is hope. I am person who is unable to taper down off drugs. I have to go cold turkey. It sounds like you might be like me in that sense. So the first thing I did was get rid of most of my pills. Kept enough to make to yesterday because I have the next few days to do nothing but detox. I feel like I'm coming back to life. Returning to spiritual principles. There is hope. Utilize the program, connect with the Higher Power. The pain drugs cause us is the Universe's way of causing us to wake up. You're waking up! Get rid of the pills, plan for some days of being tired and depressed, but also expect to feel a flood of Life come back into your soul. Welcome, this forum and the people on it are great. We're all here to support each other. You absolutely can get off this stuff, and not only get off it, but live a life much more fulfilling than you had before! Get ready to Live, Laugh, and Love again!

• Like 3

Welcome!  We have all been where you are.  There is hope!  Get rid of your source(s) and tell some people.  Honesty...accountability...these things really do help.  I understand being ashamed, but it helped me to tell people. I posted my quit story on facebook.  I am a bit extreme, but I was tired of all the attempts at quitting.  I wanted it to stick this time!  It has.  Good luck and we are here for you.

• Like 1

Welcome, Serena.  Your post helped to remind of my "ahah moment"...the epiphany I had a few months before I quit.  I realized my addiction to Adderall was simply unsustainable.  I was no longer willing to go to the ends of the earth to ensure I had enough Adderall.  And it quit working.  Good luck with your quit.

What will be different about this Quit that will make it the last one?

• Like 2

I use up the months prescription in one week. Then hibernate for three.

I lived like this for soooo.... long. 

Hope your last hibernation is going well so far.  Things will get so much better but it will just take time.

Lots of snack/chill time hopefully.  The time to reflect during recovery is actually very useful. 

It helped me feel like I made up for some lost time in terms of personal growth.  (I feel like once I started adderall, I stopped growing and when I stopped it was like I had just fast forwarded in time and was still the same maturity level, well at first quite a bit lower, as when I started.

• Like 1

I think this was the most painful part of my recovery.  The reality of the things it made us do starts to sink in as you get more and more clean.  It brings a lot of pain and sadness.  Adderall takes so much.

Try hard to cut yourself from slack, past present and future, and be willing to forgive yourself.

KEep up the good work you are doing awesome!

• Like 1