QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anybody else quitting alone?

Serena333

I think it is better to be alone while quitting. Last time I quit two years ago, I was around my mother who knew damn well what I was going through but kept bothering me to do things I had no energy to do. No one gets it who has not been there. Easier to be alone and take care of yourself, I think.

Not only that, as I was tapering this time from prescribed Adderall for depression and fatigue (again it made both things worse over time), my mother thought to tell me maybe it's not the Adderall....Like she never heard a thing I went through before. I got back on it due to moving to a place with low light levels in winter and I got desperate and the help turned into long term suffering and fear of getting off of it again.

Good luck! Take it easy...

• 2 weeks later...

i quit alone.  only people i saw were coworkers at work (who mostly left me alone due to the nature of my job) and a friend i randomly went to a pub brodate with every couple weeks

sometimes it would have been nice to have significatn other  around for support, but who knows if the relationship could have survived this quit, and dealing with a breakup could likely force a relapse

idk what is better honestly

• Like 1

sometimes it would have been nice to have significatn other  around for support, but who knows if the relationship could have survived this quit, and dealing with a breakup could likely force a relapse

my ex-girlfriend supported me through the first time i tried to quit- but i think the process of seeing me at my worst left a lasting scar on our relationship which ultimately cemented her decision to break it off. i also fucked up by relapsing after a few months.. i can say for sure that after the break up i went on a bender to end all benders and it all started up again.