QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Need to come back (another rambling post)

Doge

EDIT:  As much as I thought this was profoundly important to write this afternoon.  After a solid half sleep I am reminded that I really don't want my hysterical ramblings on this site, as good intentioned as they were.

Short and sweet of it is I flushed stash and it felt great.  Thanks to all of you for being here.

I'm getting my shit together now.

• Like 3

Addiction is a bitch. Adderall is meth's kid. It's incredibly difficult to quit adderall. I feel you. I couldn't stop during adderal on a school day so the best time to quit was during summer break. No addicts can use a drug without abusing it. I still have thoughts about popping adderall but taking another pill won't help. Join NA or AA. Adderall will hold you back. It makes you feel alive for a couple of hours / a day then you will feel dead.i believe in you bro. You were sober for how long, 8-10 months? I know you desperately want to stop. You can quit. Read the motivation post that Cassie made. Binge on caffeine instead of adderall. Take a couple of downers during a comedown.

• Like 3

I liked your original post and I think it could have been very valuable to the future you who will be struggling through recovery.  In fact, I was formulating a response to it but that response would not make much sense now your post has been deleted.  I suggest you go back and read your early posts from a year ago, especially the post your wrote entitled "relapsing". 

I wish you good luck and success in your journey through another recovery and I hope it will be your last recovery from this awful addiction. 

Do you have a plan?  

LILTEX:  Thanks so much!  I deeply missed the support from this site and am no longer going to take it for granted.  I think loneliness is one of adderalls greatest weapons and this group can be a shield to help with that.

Quit-Once: Sorry for deleting it while you were midway through responding.  I was still taking the very slow train out of crazy town.  The paranoid episodes are something I had truly forgotten about when I made the choice to start up again.

I've made some plans for coping strategies to pre-emptively deal with the triggers.  I've also changed my mind about what caused this whole thing, both the addiction and all the relapses.

The early cravings are going to be the real challenge (like the ones about 3-4 weeks away).  I have to confess my plan for dealing with those relies a lot on trusting myself to be pre-emptive and vigilant.  

I'll type more about this.  But right now, I shit you not it took me almost an hour to write this post so yeah...