QuittingAdderall.com Forums

i'm not sure what to do

jdmallory20

im 20 now, turning 21 soon, started taking adderall when i was 12, to be honest later on about 15 i started taking adderall alot, anytime i wanted 2 stay awake, anytime i wanted 2 party. my teeth have turned to shit even though i brush my teeth twice maybe 3 times a day, i go a day without adderall my teeth pain increase, so i have 2 have more adderall, i wanna quit but idk how to start, i lost alot of friends becuz of adderall i really dont have anyone, i usually dont talk feelings but please will someone help me i dont know how to quit without the pain, i dont know how to quit without anyone to care, im not even sure what im tryin to say now im not very good at talkin

Hi jdmallory20,

1. You start by lowering your dose and holding it there. Make the dose consistent, even if it's a little high (as long it's slightly lower than usual). Get off the binge/crash cycle. Restore a little sanity to your life. Do that first, then take it from there.

2. You cannot quit without the pain, and it is an extremely lonely battle...there's not really a way around it. That's why you have to make sure before hand that quitting is worth it to you.

3. On your teeth problem: I don't know if this helps at all, but Adderall (plus all the sugary drinks I consumed while on Adderall) screwed up my teeth as well, but now they're all nice and fixed. I got my uppers fixed in the US, and my lowers fixed in Mexico. If I had it to do over again, I would have gone to Mexico first instead of throwing away so much money in the states. I paid less than 1/3 the cost of what the US dentist quoted me, and comparing the two, I like the teeth I got done in Mexico better than the ones I got done in the US. So you're paying way less money for comparable or better work, and you get to take a vacation. You just have to deal with all the fear and sketchiness associated with going down there...but it was totally worth it, IMHO. And you won't be alone. There are tons of people down there doing the same thing.

So if you've got more than $2k in teeth problems, you may want to seriously look into taking a trip across the border.

Hang in there, buddy. You can get through this crap if you just keep pushing.