QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Cold Feet about going Cold Turkey

souljourn

I am convinced from people's stories that Cold Turkey is the way to go. I have half my bottle left and the smart thing to do would be to just dispose of it. But I've been hemming and hawing and dragging my feet... can anyone recommend an old thread on this topic or suggest ways to summon that burst of confidence needed to take the leap?

I know that nobody else can do this for me, as we are all responsible for our own lives. But I am reminding myself it's ok to ask for advice now, as helping each other is what this community is built on.

Thanks

I like the "planned cold turkey" quit.  You have enough pills to get to a long weekend, right?  Plan a long weekend, or a week off.  Take your pills until then.  Super clean your house, prepare...  Then, throw them away where you can't get to them.  Put some bleach in the bottle before you throw them out.  No going back...then let the cold turkey adventure begin!  It can be done, I am proof. 

• Like 1