QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Without Adderall I can finally...

EstherEmily

• 1 month later...

Without adderall...

I can go on my computer, walk into a store, watch an infomercial, etc....without spending money I don't have. 

I can have a conversation without discussing all of the many (empty) plans I have to validate my existence via money/business. 

I can have a conversation, period, without worrying that I'm either too much/not enough and calculating the dosage of adderall and/or xanax I should take to remedy the situation.  

I can wake up in the morning and feel the fact that I have zero motivation for the day without seeking a chemical solution. 

I can realistically assess the role of alcohol in my life.

I can honor my emotions and intuition regarding the various aspects of my existence without believing the proper dosage of the perfect drug will set me straight.

I can interact with loved ones, or fail to, without feeling in the back of my mind like they are a distraction.

I can eat less perfectly and exercise less and remember that at least I'm not poisoning myself with chemicals every day. 

I can recognize that the love of my family and friends is genuine and unconditional because I'm no longer super Amanda and they seem to love me anyway. 

I can at least entertain the thought of living for non productive reasons. 

I can get in a car or on a plane without obsessively worrying about death.  

I can read a book for fun.  I can find it boring.  I can stop reading.  I can start doing something else and get bored.  I can be bored.  

I can imagine having kids without the anxious dread of quitting adderall.  

....this was a very good exercise.  

• Like 1

I'm only three months into my newfound adderall sobriety, so I'm not sure if I can contribute too much. But, this is based on my experience thus far..

Without Adderall..

I am beginning to enjoy the company of others.

I can enjoy my evenings. While taking Adderall, I would live it up during the day and block off my schedule later on, knowing the evening crash was on the horizon. 

I'm beginning to actually have a pleasant experience conversing with others rather than talking at them and listening to what they had to say only because I was voracious for information. I never realized what an intolerable prick I was while under the influence of Adderall. I would relentlessly debate people and would be standoffish if they didn't adhere to my (supposed) all-knowing wisdom. 

I can exercise without feeling like my heart will explode. I enjoy vigorous exercise n' all, but I don't think you're supposed to walk into the gym feeling your pulse drum through your neck without having done any form of exercise yet. 

That's all I can think of so far. I will return to this post in a few months to share more of these.

• Like 2

i can finally look at cigarettes and see them for the disgusting sticks of death that they are rather than some sort of treat like candy or champagne to indulge in to excess.  I want nothing to do with them ( except maybe the odd one when im drinking but of course this is when I will be craving adderall the worst too, so the two things are probably no coincidence, and why us recovering addicts should be very careful with alcohol )

i know its been said already but the cigarettes to me were probably worse than the adderall itself

Cigarettes.  They still call out to me when I see/smell somebody smoking.  Not sure why.  I smoked for 30+ years and finally quit around the same time I quit Adderall almost 5 years ago.  I have been 100% abstinent but I still feel a weakness in resolve that I just don't feel regarding Adderall.  At least I have learned to manage the cravings and not allow the thoughts of smoking to be entertained or take hold.

I sure don't miss being enslaved to that stinky, breath robbing, expensive, unsociable, nasty fucking habit.  

OK, back to the topic of this thread....Without Adderall, I can finally not smoke.

• Like 2