QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Introvert or extrovert?

bluemoon

I just randomly got to thinking... Is there a certain personality type that is more attracted to Adderall??

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?? 

I am naturally an introvert. I never really had any problems with being social, but it has always been "limited" and I have always only had a certain amount of energy to dedicate to social activities. I've always had to have some alone time to recharge. For many years, I thought there was something wrong with me and I didn't realize that this is a normal thing.

When I found Adderall, my need for that alone time diminished. I suddenly was able to be social at all times, and I didn't need that time to recharge... I could just pop another pill and I would have all the energy in the world. I thought I finally fixed what was "wrong" with me! Boy was I wrong.......

Fast forward, now almost 5 months into my recovery... I have ZERO desire to be social. I just want to sit on my couch or lay in my bed and sleep. I guess now I'm paying for all the fake energy that evil pill gave me. I hope things balance back out soon, so I can actually want to spend time with people (at least a little bit, haha).

Anyway, the point of my post here ... Are you naturally an introvert or an extrovert?? Just curious if more introverts or extroverts are attracted to Adderall :)

• Like 2

I'm naturally an introvert.  

Adderall at first made me more extroverted in the short term.  In the long run once I started abusing I was back to extreme solitude and loneliness.

I'd say I'm back to being pretty balanced now in comparison, but still more introverted than I was before adderall.

At about my 5 month mark last year, I had a lot of friends scratched off my list, and was very very introverted by default.

As for energy, hows your nutrition and exercise going?  Exercising is like hitting the gas on the recovery wagon.  It speeds it up a lot, and helps make you feel true joy again, even if it's in really small doses at first.

Yeah, exactly. The Adderall made me extroverted for a few months, then quite the opposite eventually. Kind of hard to be social when you can't even make eye contact with people, haha. After quitting though, I find that I am also more introverted than I have ever been, even before the pills. I know everything will balance back out in due time, but I'm just being impatient haha. 

As for my nutrition, it has come a long way in the last month or so. The exercise, well... I know it would be the best thing for me, but I can't bring myself to do it after a long day of work. I know I need to do it though. I'll get there....... :)

• Like 1

A friend of mine is opening a new gym just down the street from my house at the end of this month. I've kind of been waiting for that (and at the same time using it as an excuse to not exercise until the gym opens lol). 

How are you doing? You mentioned that you're feeling better quicker this time around. That's great :)