QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Never Give Up!

LILTEX41

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing post LilTex.  I haven't been on the site in awhile and this is one of the best things I've read all day.  You are an inspiration to so many people!  I am blown away by those stories.  I've been going through a rough time lately and it helps to hear about how much adversity and pain people can overcome. 

I recently gave up on my plan to try learning moderation, too.  Some really bad things happened and it was a wake up call for me that I just cannot drink.  I was born this way.  It's in my genes-- my body doesn't relate well to it.  (Or any substance, really.)  I had done a few sober trials on my own, but always slipped after a month or two.  Then I was working on moderation-- nope, that didn't work either.  So now I'm one week sober and I feel really good about it. 

I started doing AA.  We were doing a reading and one line that struck me was about how alcoholics tend to be very smart, hardworking, energetic, work-hard-play-hard kind of people.  I am definitely like that, and a LOT of addicted/recovering people are.  It's almost like the flip-side of the coin-- the dark side, the compulsive side.  I think it's very true of adderallics, too.  We can use our energy for running marathons or writing books or running businesses, or we can get caught up in the endless merry-go-round of addiction.   Sometimes we have to fight hard to stay away from the darkness.  But it's so worth it.  There is a purpose to our lives, and I don't regret any of it.  I've learned and grown so much through trial and error.  Even if we may have fallen far, "those who have not fallen cannot walk." 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...