QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What was your most persistent recovery symptom?

quit-once

What was your most persistent condition of Adderall recovery and how long did it last?

Was it also your most annoying symptom?

When I think of "recovery symptoms", I think of depression and all components of depression like: anxiety, anhedonia, indecision, sadness, dwelling on negative thoughts, lack of motivation and the inability to focus on things that matter.  Other Adderall recovery symptoms include weight gain, vulnerability to relapse, general laziness, difficulty thinking straight, muscle twitches, poor sleep, and constant cravings for the drug or thinking about it all the time. I'm sure there are many, many others.

For me, the most persistent thing was the lack of motivation and it lasted well into my third year after quitting, although my motivation started returning around 10 months.  Constantly thinking about Adderall was the most annoying symptom during my first year.  The muscle twitches in my legs and feet persist even now, although they are barely noticeable, and my memory is less reliable now than it was before I took Adderall.  

What about your recovery symptoms?

• Like 1

Weight gain was definitely the most annoying side effect.  That, combined with the lack of motivation, was a beast to get through.  It tested my mental will power...everyday. Now that I am motivated to eat better and am finally exercising consistently, I am not looking back to Adderall.  No desire to go back...it is glorious to type that!  I still can't have it around me, because I don't know how I would react to it being available.  I just know that I don't want it anymore, and that is a huge weight off my shoulders. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...