QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Fell off the wagon. BUT, found something that has helped.

I made it 14 days, then got my script filled.  It’s like I had pushed out all memory of wanting to quit and was laser focused on getting it again. Guess this is how addiction works. Or, cold turkey just is not for me.

So, I’d like to share one thing that HAS worked well for me in limiting my intake. Before, my biggest problem has been in continuously dosing throughout the day as soon as I felt my peak begin to crash, to try and achieve that initial feeling. Obviously, it never worked and it only made me feel too cracked out to fall asleep, then I’d take even more the next day because I was so tired.  I always started the day saying “I’m only taking 15 mg today, and this time I MEAN IT†but that would go out the window as soon as I felt it wear off.

So I bought this lock-box called the Kitchen Safe for 40 bucks online, you can set a time limit for it to stay shut for anywhere from 1 minute to 10 days. I believe it was invented to limit binging on tempting things such as cookies/chocolate, etc.  Anyway, in the morning when I’m clear-headed, I take out my maximum amount of adderall, 15 mgs. The rest goes in the box and I set it locked for 24 hours. There is NO code to override it, the only way to open it is I suppose to take a sledge hammer and smash it to pieces. Hence why you shouldn’t put life-saving things in there.

But so far, it has worked really well. Of course, around noon I’ve started scrounging through old purses, under the bed, trying to find a missing pill that may be tucked away because I want MORE. But after a few minutes, I accept that I can’t get it open and distract myself with something else...exercise, reading news, whatever. Then – I get a great night’s sleep, and wake up the next day being so thankful to the box for doing its job. I am clear headed, I set my intention of 15 mg a day, and I do it all over again. Then, someday I will try 10mg, then 5mg, until none.

It's a great way for an addict like me to start tapering off dosage without temptation, because cold turkey has proven to be too difficult to stick to for me.

• Like 1

I tapered off myself I don't recall how I forced myself to take a certain amount other then I really wanted to stop. The safe you have is a good idea but you really need to set a schedule for your stop date. I did 3 month step down and I was on 60mg a day give or take. Sometimes I'd be on 100mg because I had access to someone else's script. But regardless how much your on its hard but you can do it. Just have that quit date set on your calendar that's the day you will throw out your meds burn a bridge with your doctor who gives your scripts and literally burn any unused written scripts you have. That's the day it's all over and you'll never go back to that shit the rest of your life.

• Like 3