QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Dreaming of taking adderall

Frank B

Its kind of funny from time to time Ill have a dream where I take adderall. Then when I wake up Im so mad at myself it feels like I actually gave in a ruined all my months of quitting. Guess its my subconscious way to keep me strong remind myself how much id lose if I gave in. I don't have a stash or anything to tempt me but sometimes out of nowhere the opportunity to gain access to adderall can present itself and I must stay strong.

• Like 2

Wow I haven't had one of those dreams in awhile, but in my first year of quitting I was having tons of them.  I would always wake up feeling dirty. 

What's interesting is that my adderall dreams always include(d) a very intense visual component, where I could SEE the orange or blue pills brightly and vividly.  It was never so much about being productive or feeling the adderall "high," but mostly visual dreams with visions of taking adderall, accompanied with feeling guilty or dirty.

I'm quitting drinking right now, and I've had about 2 alcohol dreams in the past 2 months where I drank and felt horrified and regretful.  I think you're right that this is our subconscious keeping us strong and helping us understand that a substance is no longer an option. 

• Like 2

Wow, BehereNow - same here. Early on, I had a dream I'll never forget about XR pellets blasting out of individual crystal light iced tea packets in vivid technicolor. I also had several dreams where my teeth fell out. Apparently, that's a pretty common one in early recovery.

Good times good times...

• 2 months later...

I am haunted by my using dreams.

I experience VIVID, DETAILED dreams

involving Adderall tablets, Vyvanse capsules,

& stealing them from my mom!!! (She is prescribed both)

Minimum once a week. Seriously?

This fucking sucks.

I'm lucky if I don't have them several nights

In a row.

I wake up discouraged and extremely disappointed that I don't have any amphetamines.

Fml.

You should start waking up glad you don't have them. I have dreams of taking OxyContin weekly I don't adderall anymore because I do not crave that drug subconsciously anymore. Normally wake up mad at myself for giving in taking the pill

but then recall its just a dream but good reminder to myself why not to take them months of work down the drain. Maybe should talk to your mom about her possibly quitting don't know the story but gonna be hard for u to have any normal relationship with her if your always knowing she has the pills you crave.