QuittingAdderall.com Forums

car

Zerokewl

My cars engine has seized and is not worth repairing. The sleek Honda coupe with leather seats was one of the last vestiges of my former life. A life where I had nice things. I've caught myself thinking about the day I chose to take Adderall.  When I 1st took that pill about 6 years ago.

I have very little left of my life before adderall. A life where success came easy, good times and friends.   When I bought that car life was really good, I had a girlfriend, an impressive job title and a bit of money.  But then I took adderall, to give me a little edge on some paperwork. Adderall destroyed my career.

A career that got me that car. A car that represented me at that time in my life. It represented my success a success that almost destroyed me with long nights and early mornings.   I was not in control of my emotions and I had no idea what depression was even tho I fell victim to it many times.    

I'm going to ride my bike to work tomorrow,  and hopefully I can figure out some sort of transportation soon.  I will miss that car and its sunroof. But I'm glad that I get to find a

new car that represents me right now.  I've grown past needing a car to prop up my self esteem. 

I am successful by my own standards and I am happy in this new life.  

• Like 3

This is something I often think about.  Many of our surroundings during adderall life can be triggering.  And by default that includes the surroundings that were "grandfathered" in from our pre-adderall life.

I long for that life sometimes, as I'm sure we all do, to the point of painful sadness.  But it's good to remember that the pre-adderall life was a life that was on the road to addiction, and it's best to be on the other side of that, even with the wounds and scars we carry.  Anyways I'm babbling.

That's awesome you've got a bike!  I'm riding lots lately myself.  Sounds silly but it takes me back to the days of being 10 years old.  Great feeling!  I hope it does the same for you. :)

• Like 1

But it's good to remember that the pre-adderall life was a life that was on the road to addiction, and it's best to be on the other side of that, even with the wounds and scars we carry.  

I need to constantly remind myself of this.  It is so true.  I was always seeking the greater buzz and I know that I would have found myself in a stimulant addiction at some point in my life.  I am really glad I have learned those lessons and moved on.  

I need to constantly remind myself of this.  It is so true.  I was always seeking the greater buzz and I know that I would have found myself in a stimulant addiction at some point in my life.  I am really glad I have learned those lessons and moved on.  

This is so true. I think about what if I hadn't taken adderall for the 1st time what would have happened what would have life been like etc etc. But the reality is I would have found something to get addicted too. 

A Honda engine seized? How's that happen you sure about that? Far as your ability to move on past all that is great but Honda engines are damn near bullet proof. I just sold my Honda CBR 600RR to pay some bills feel your pain.

I'm surprised too, a oil leak I think. The oil light had been coming on for a about a year I just thought it was an older car and you know and kept giving it oil.  I asked a mechanic about it and he looked at and wasn't worried. I was adding oil when I filled up.   I'm trying to get a good price for the parts.  But you buy a Honda with the idea that they are bullet proof, but I guess not.  

• 3 weeks later...

Its good to have family. My father called around and got a much better price on fixing the car and I should have it back in a week.  Over the last 3 weeks I've been forced to bicycle everywhere, I've repaired both my bicycles at a community bike shop, and lost a little weight.  I feel great, looking forward to the return of my car some things can't be accomplished on a bicycle.   

• Like 1