QuittingAdderall.com Forums

I almost gave up hope....

Ghost

Yay!! So glad to hear :) 

I'm just over 8 months and I feel like I'm FINALLY beginning to feel just a little bit better every day. I can't quite say I'm feeling totally like myself before the pills yet, but hoping it is just around the corner for me too :)

Congrats on 9 months and may things continue to only get better for you :) 

• Like 4

Thank you for posting your success story. It is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm fighting like hell to try and make it to 7 months. So happy to hear you have come through on the other side. Would you mind sharing what the worst part of PAWS was for you? I like so many here look at these to remind ourselves that we are normal. That skin crawling hell of withdrawal is normal. How was your sleep and anxiety? Thanks again and God Bless.

• Like 1

I think I sounded a bit off track there. I'm sure your sleep and anxiety were miserable. Guess I'm more looking for details. I'm only getting 4-5 hours of relief a day from near panic level anxiety. But I'm not aware of what the hell I'm anxious about other then will survive my symptoms... Sorry to ramble and make this about me. Please forgive me I'm just in a desperate state of being. God bless

• Like 2

I think I sounded a bit off track there. I'm sure your sleep and anxiety were miserable. Guess I'm more looking for details. I'm only getting 4-5 hours of relief a day from near panic level anxiety. But I'm not aware of what the hell I'm anxious about other then will survive my symptoms... Sorry to ramble and make this about me. Please forgive me I'm just in a desperate state of being. God bless

What anxiety overwhelming to you right now? Realistic problems you can work on or worried a loved one may die in a car wreck etc. For me personally I find it better to list down what I'm worrying about see what I can change or have no control over. Also I rarely watch the news while recovering call it selfish but I don't care. The media is based on selling fear so with the medication giving us bad anxiety out of nowhere who needs that additional bullshit.

• Like 1

Ghost, I remember like it was just yesterday that I was welcoming you to the forums. I'm beyond ecstatic to hear that your recovery journey has made a turn for the better. I hope you continue to develop yourself to become an even better Ghost than you were pre-adderall. Take care, brotha 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on breaking through! I really need to hear stories like this heading into my 5th month and although I'm not miserable like I was in months 1-3, I am definitely not out of the woods yet. I am so unmotivated and I have anxiety about the littlest things. I am so glad to hear that your anxiety just vanished at 7 months, it gives me hope.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your progress, it helps so much to see others who are ahead of me making it through recovery. For those just quitting, hang in there because I am just like you and I know what you're going through. It does get better!

• Like 1