QuittingAdderall.com Forums

A straight up miracle

CGstrong

Been reading this and has a lot of good advice feel some of the exercises difficult because I'm trying to distinguish between the sober me and addict version. So many years of taking this stuff has really pushed those emotions so far away it's hard to know how I felt prior to taking adderall. Id say for some on here who started this drug as a child near impossible but it's worth trying really a great tool.

• Like 2

Yeah it's hard when being on stims is all you know, I started Ritalin at the age of 7, then moved to adderall ages 14-24 so I can definitely relate. My biggest take away was the understanding that behavior is guided by our beliefs which is just a product of our conscious stream of thoughts. By becoming aware of the nature of this mental chatter, in my case, it's lost a lot of its power over how I feel and act

• Like 1

Hey man I highly recommend you read the book "Awaken the Giant Within" by Tony Robbins. I'm reading it now for the second time. It hands down was the reason I was able to quit another addiction I had about 3yrs ago.

A large majority of the book talks about our belief system and how to take control of it. It's the best $16 I've ever spent.... a life changer for sure.