QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Road to recovery

BlueSharp

Hey everyone,

I'm 2 weeks clean and just wanted to start this page up to write updates in. I know there's nobody on here that cares about my recovery, but I'm more doing this to hold myself accountable. It's been a tough 2 weeks with plenty, PLENTY of cravings, but I'm just focused on the end result no matter how hard it seems now. 

Id love to hear from some other people on what worked/didn't work when they tried quitting. Thanks everyone! 

• Like 3

We absolutely all care about each others recovery.  Thats why we are here.

Your road to recovery will depend a lot on how long you've been on adderall and what kind of dosages you were taking.  Obviously if you've been on them for a long time at higher doses it will be harder but there are plenty of examples on these forums to show you that it can be done.

Theres a little bit of a honeymoon period when you first quit where its not super difficult and for me it even felt really good, almost euphoric some days.  BUT... then you'll face some difficult days, weeks, and months following that.  My best advice is to be patient and trust the process.  And if you have a significant other, let that person know that its going to be hard some days and ask that they support you and have patience.

Also, I'm not sure how mentally strenuous your job is but it would be good if its possible to take some time off or do minimal work during your hardest days.

Lastly, I'm a big advocate for NA meetings and these forums.  I tried to quit for a couple years on my own but I was only able to kick the habit when I found the rooms of narcotics anonymous and these forums.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

2 hours ago, Tom23Jones said:

We absolutely all care about each others recovery.  Thats why we are here.

Your road to recovery will depend a lot on how long you've been on adderall and what kind of dosages you were taking.  Obviously if you've been on them for a long time at higher doses it will be harder but there are plenty of examples on these forums to show you that it can be done.

Theres a little bit of a honeymoon period when you first quit where its not super difficult and for me it even felt really good, almost euphoric some days.  BUT... then you'll face some difficult days, weeks, and months following that.  My best advice is to be patient and trust the process.  And if you have a significant other, let that person know that its going to be hard some days and ask that they support you and have patience.

Also, I'm not sure how mentally strenuous your job is but it would be good if its possible to take some time off or do minimal work during your hardest days.

Lastly, I'm a big advocate for NA meetings and these forums.  I tried to quit for a couple years on my own but I was only able to kick the habit when I found the rooms of narcotics anonymous and these forums.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

I actually don't have a job. I play basketball for my college which takes up a taxing amount of time. I feel like keeping my energy up throughout the season is going to be the hardest part of this process along with my classes of course. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BlueSharp said:

I actually don't have a job. I play basketball for my college which takes up a taxing amount of time. I feel like keeping my energy up throughout the season is going to be the hardest part of this process along with my classes of course. 

That's a tough one if your prescribed this med I take it your safe but if your not assume you could be kicked off the team if you failed a drug test so that could be used as motivation. We all care about each other on here because no one else understands what we are going through. NA helps but it's different most people in that took a drug simply to party or escape we took this drug to enhance our capabilities it's like steroids for the brain but like steroids it does a lot of damage not safe for anybody. 

• Like 1