QuittingAdderall.com Forums

just random wondering

oswhid

This isn't a specific question but just something that occurred to me.  My husband is currently
 eight months clean after eleven years of adderall use.  I was reflecting on how adderall made him so contrary to the point of disagreeing with me about pretty everything even when I was certain that he would have agreed with me in the past.  I also thought about how little support I got from telling people about what was going on.  They would act sympathetic but almost always revealed that they knew someone whose "little Johnny" was on it.   Then I started thinking that surely kids have the same side effects as adults in that it made them nasty, little a**holes.  Which led to me wondering how many high energy kids get an adhd diagnosis and put on adderall, only to start acting defiant and then get diagnosed with ODD -   oppositional defiant disorder.  When I searched online it seem that a lot of kids had a dual diagnosis.   I have no experience with children on this but I can't help but think this is an epidemic that isn't being addressed.  Just one more reason this stuff is evil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...