QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Embarassing Job Interviews On Adderall

sobrietysucks

I started to adderall in the summer of 2013. At first, it was incredible and I could do anything. After several weeks of daily use, the magical effects went away and I became a cracked out maniac.  

I spent most of 2013-2014 applying for jobs. During interviews , I would just ramble like an idiot and make no sense. Sometimes they would ask me a question and my answer would be completely unrelated (like a story about my ex). They would have a "what the fuck?" expression on their face. They probably thought I was mentally challenged. 

Whenever an interview would go well, I would find a way to bomb it due to paranoia. I was insane. I still kept taking adderall despite all this. 

I became increasingly paranoid and crazy. One time I told the interviewer that she was terrible and asked too many questions. I became increasingly pessimistic due to my failures and would tell interviewers to go screw themselves. 

Adderall made me sensitive to any criticism and I would take everything seriously to the point it became personal. I have burned so many bridges and ruined my relationships with people.

I broke a roommates door down and smashed their windows because they left it open during the cold weather. Quite the genius huh?

I bullied co workers till they quit. Then got myself fired after my boss made a comment about my poor judgement. My mentality was "oh you wanna see poor judgement motherfucker? I will show you poor judgement!" I was extremely hostile to other people for no reason at all. 

I am one month adderall free and can't believe some of the things I have done on it. Things that are completely embarrassing. 

What are some of the insane things you have done on Adderall? 

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

Oh, man. I had a skills' test I had to take for a job I was applying to. Instead of going to bed at a decent hour, I decided to stay up all night researching Excel and binging vyvanse. I showed up for the skill's test cracked out of my mind. What was supposed to take an hour turned into 7.5 hours!! Lol. I didn't even finish it. So embarrassing. I ended up working in a different department at the same company, and I did embarrassing stuff there, too, like being an hour late multiple times. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely would do this with clients. I use to say oh people just love to open up to me. No I was opening up to them. Spilling my guts w/ rambling stories! I have had a lot of time to contemplate my embarrassing ways on adderall. I don’t know if it’s so embarrassing as just out of character. Even random dates I was on in my 20s or relationships. ...

I would have these “amazing” connections. Were they ever really real or the adderall kicking in? 

It gives us a false sense of confidence. Which  probably also makes us appear extremely insecure. Getting back to myself has been the hardest part of being clean and sober! Like wtf who was I for over a decade? 

• Like 3