QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Advice please!

SL100

I am 23 years old and have been taking 60mg of adderall every day for the last year and a half. Its starting to ruin my life. I want to quit more than anything and have tried in the past but fail every time. I just recently graduated with a bachelors in finance. I am lucky enough to have parents who own small businesses so I decided to take a year and work for them to get some experience. I told myself after school I would quit adderall for good and so far all Ive made it was a week. I get so depressed and feel so awful about myself. Part of me just wants to flush the pills because I feel like its the only way for me to quit 100% but Im also afraid I wont be able to function at work. Any advice for quitting cold turkey? 

Best advice is to quit now because its only gonna get worse, to the point where you won't even be able to function at work while on it.  I've been on this drug for almost 3 years now and realized I needed to quit it back in January of '15, yet I always find some reason to keep taking it.  I have quit for 2-3 weeks at a time over the past 2 years and the longest was a whole 30 days.  I feel so amazing once I get past day 5 and I always say I'm done...but then I take it again.  I know what your going through with the small business owned by family/friends.  It seems like it can make it more difficult because in small businesses more roles and responsibilities can be placed on people and positions and family/friends can be quick to ask questions about mood changes/productivity issues. I'm 28 with a wife and young son, flush the damn things now because you will feel a huge sense of relief and deal with the consequences...so what you won't be as productive for a week or two! It will get better!!! Just read the stories on this website, they are all trying to help you!!! In the end it all comes down to YOU wanting to be done with this crap....best of luck.

I am 23 years old and frequently take over 100mg in a day and usually between 20-60 mg if I can't get anymore than that. I have tried quitting probably a million times over the last 5 1/2 years since it all started and have also noticed that after 5 days I feel good again but then manage to find an excuse to take it again. As of tonight I am quitting again and hopefully for the last time. I started trying to seriously quit at the new year and even though it has been rough already I have noticed that listening to my body and just trying to give myself a break really does help. If you need more rest, rest. Need to eat more, eat more. Need a break, take a break but try and make those breaks something "healthy" like a walk, or reading a book, or laying outside, anything that is nice to do but is also good for you. Also I've tried making either hiking/walk/yoga/meditation a daily thing, and it does help. Also even though you should listen to your body and take breaks,  try and do something just so you know somewhere deep inside of you you are capable of being a productive, healthy human, even when the withdrawals are bad force yourself to finish some minor task just so you know you can do it. That helps a lot more than it may sound. 

Good luck and positive vibes your way!

• Like 1