QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Nine Months - Happy Valentine's Day to me!!

oswhid

My husband reached nine months today.

There has been a lot of discussion lately about people still struggling months and even years after quitting.  

If you are questioning if it it worth it, as a spouse let me say that it has been worth it EVERY SINGLE DAY! 

We have had a couple of issues arise over the past month that after they were resolved, I sat back and imagined how

everything would have unfolded had he still been using.  How instead of having each other's back during a 

difficult time, he would have found some way to blame me or make me feel worse at every turn.  I cry tears of joy.

Happy Valentine's Day!

• Like 2

Awesome!  I'm pretty much on the same timeline as you're husband.  I'll celebrate my 9 months on Feb. 17th  I agree with you 100%  I've had a few difficult times come up but I

know they would be so much more difficult if I was still using adderall.  Now I'm able to resolve things with a clear mind and keep pushing forward towards my dreams and goals

opposed to when I was using I would just let all the bad things keep compounding.

I've read a lot of the struggles on here too and I think it could be complacency.  I try to stay vigilant in my recovery and reflect daily on how dark and miserable my life was with

Adderall.  It consumed my every thought and distracted me from living my life.  Breaking free from that hell makes me cry tears of joy sometimes too. 

☮ ✌

• Like 2