QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Work ethic

Rockbottom

Thanks for the bump. I believe the chemical imbalance is off so much that a healthy lifestyle alone cannot over come the way we feel. I say this after feeling more relief in a couple weeks being on Wellbutrin vs months of strict dieting and intense work outs. I still will carry out the diet and work out routines being healthy is priceless. Maybe others are different but after 15 months I had to try something different  so far feeling a little better not as depressed and getting more done. I'm still not where I wanna be but better then I was. 

• Like 2

Work ethic takes a while, and I'm not gonna lie - I've had many false starts where I thought I "had it" only to regress. Keep powering through. Can't ask for anything more than your best effort. 

Meditation helps. I don't know why. And I sucked at it for the first year or so. But it works even if it doesn't feel good at first.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/headspace-guided-meditation-and-mindfulness/id493145008?mt=8

Getting plenty of sleep helps.

Planning my day either the night before or the morning of helps in a big way. I've got a Moleskine weekly planner that I can't recommend enough.

https://store.moleskine.com/usa/en-us/planners/2017-weekly-planners/12-month-weekly-2017-planner/p995?ic=1swojA%3D%3D

Also, don't forget: Mike is the man. Some great resources in the articles on this site:

http://quittingadderall.com/10-adderall-work-habits-break/

• Like 4

I am at a point where I feel I have motivation again, but it took almost 50 days. However, the desire is selective...like I want to work out and clean a little bit, but I don't want to do my school work AT ALL. And then when I start, I can't focus at all...that's my ADHD. 

Unfortunately, I am at a point where I can't take anymore time off. This is my last semester I have to graduate, it has taken me over 5 years to complete a 3 year program due to untreated ADHD and trauma. We also have bills to pay, and we only have enough left for a month, so we are in a bad spot.

I am at a point where I have to make it work. I am worried because my productivity level is so shaky, and I am coming up on a time where I need to be VERY productive. I messaged my regular psych, so hopefully he can help me answer these questions. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't have the time to wait on anything anymore. I also can't fathom doing this without pills of some form, especially because I have ADHD.

Has anyone else been in this position?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I am at a point where I feel I have motivation again, but it took almost 50 days. However, the desire is selective...like I want to work out and clean a little bit, but I don't want to do my school work AT ALL. And then when I start, I can't focus at all...that's my ADHD. 

Unfortunately, I am at a point where I can't take anymore time off. This is my last semester I have to graduate, it has taken me over 5 years to complete a 3 year program due to untreated ADHD and trauma. We also have bills to pay, and we only have enough left for a month, so we are in a bad spot.

I am at a point where I have to make it work. I am worried because my productivity level is so shaky, and I am coming up on a time where I need to be VERY productive. I messaged my regular psych, so hopefully he can help me answer these questions. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I don't have the time to wait on anything anymore. I also can't fathom doing this without pills of some form, especially because I have ADHD.

Has anyone else been in this position?

Yes I do understand but also understand going back won't solve the problem it pretty much stopped working for me. Thankfully I found something that is actually helping. 

• Like 1

Well hate to say this but the Wellbutrin so far has done way more for me vs working out, eating right and spending hundreds on herbal supplements. Then again I've been battling some harsh depression. I still plan on keeping up the diet and work outs for sure it helps.

• Like 2

Speaking of working out some may remember my wallet got stolen this time last year at my gym. Justice prevailed they caught him and he was just sentenced to 15 month in jail. Hope it was worth it to him I'd say maybe he will learn his lesson but he will get probably do the same thing again wasn't his first time.

• Like 3

I recently had to take off from med school and ive been clean since feb 14 (coincidentally). Im in recovery now & going to NA meetings 4x week. What ive come to realize is that I've deprived myself of the growth, spiritual and mental, that comes from self discipline of facing problems and solving them by relying on adderall. I suggest that you try to face the problems head on and just accept the pain as a part of the process of healing and growth. I promise its worth it and it will get easier. Most of the time, for me at least the hardest part is just getting started. I wish you the best of luck, keep making the right choices!!

• Like 4

On 3/6/2017 at 9:59 AM, Frank B said:

Well hate to say this but the Wellbutrin so far has done way more for me vs working out, eating right and spending hundreds on herbal supplements. Then again I've been battling some harsh depression. I still plan on keeping up the diet and work outs for sure it helps.

I am on Wellbutrin too. It's helping my depression a lot.

I still have to get treated for my ADHD. We will see what happens with that...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 11:59 AM, Frank B said:

@Frank B Are you still seeing benefits from the welbutrin? I've been struggling with depression too and  though I really didn't want to get on more medications, I am getting desperate!! Seems like it works for a lot of people...