QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Blood pressure higher off adderall, wha?

Subtracterall

I took adderall 20-40 mg for 12 years. Not once in that 12 year span did a single doctor tell me I had high blood pressure and in the span of 12 years I went to A LOT of doctor appointments.  My blood pressure reading was always Normal, sometimes it was low. 

Since quitting (approx 3 months ago) my blood pressure has actually gone up from what it was while I was on adderall, but I'm still in the normal range. 

Most people I read about on here had high blood pressure on adderall and the blood pressure went down after quitting. 

Toward the end of my use I swear I felt like i had high blood pressure but my numbers don't correlate. 

Has anyone else had this happen?  I'm confused by this and I'm having some health issues so wondering if this is part of it. 

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks. 

I had rhabdomyolysis towards the end that caused my blood pressure to fall from its high levels the preceding years. That was NOT a good sign...apparently meant my kidneys were starting to fail. 

NOT a doctor and that's what I remember them telling me towards the end and shortly after I got clean. Don't even remember if I've got the details right but it scared the shizzle out of me. 

Holy crap that sounds scary. I had to look that one up.  I just got off the phone with my doctors office and my blood work and urine sample came back normal for everything they tested for including kidney and liver function. I wonder if I had a short stent of this like you did because I remember my pee looking kinda brownish right around the time I quit. 

Good lord this drug is bad.

• Like 1