QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Post quitting tips?

Speeder906

I'm roughly 20-22 days Adderall free. Overall I feel better than when I was taking it. I'm less anal about when I'll be taking another pill, I can actually genuinely laugh on a daily basis, and I don't always worry that at any moment my heart will burst. 

However now that I'm 3 weeks sober I have a few things maybe y'all could advise me on. It's nothing major but in the midst of my getting back to normal I have struggled with some things that in retrospect I relied on Adderall to help me with. 

1) General boredom? Like I ask for more days off work just to relax a bit now that I am off Adderall but now I just feel bored. I don't know how to spend my day. I dont really have friends to spend it with. Kinda just feel lonely. 

2) Bloating. Lately I have just been eating a lot of junk that fills me up. My weight has fluctuated A LOT during the time I have been on ad off Adderall. When I first was taking it I immediately lost a lot of weight. Binging and crashing a lot made me gain and slightly drop some of that weight. I've never been much into health or fitness so I'm really just clueless how to go about starting a exercise routine, a better diet without making too big changes too fast, maybe I should get a trainer? Idk. Now I'm easily 50lbs heavier than I was when starting Adderall (ironically I initially lost 50lbs within the first few months on this stuff). 

3) Antisocial tendecnies? I'm a shy person and always have been but Adderall let me come out of my shell to a certain extent but by the end of the time on the drug I was anti social again. Now I'm just lonely a lot just curious as to how people make friends? It's a pathetic question being as I am 21 but making friends is really hard for me. Maybe if anyone could give some tips on socializing in a school/college setting? As I am a student. And just general conversing tips (platonicly and otherwise) 

Other than the boredom, weight gain, and lack of socializing... Life without Adderall is great. Just makes it hard to resist asking for a refill when I don't know how to spend the days and when in just a week or so I'll be starting classes again without adderall for the first time in my college career. 

Thanks everyone :)

• Like 1

Ok I had some fun with this response- these are light suggestions from a cooky fellow quitter! (Used/abused 2 years, quit 7 months ago)  

#1 tip for real: Food is medecine! 

Eat salads, eat PROTEIN. Eat bananas! They are radioactive! 

Get into superfoods! mushrooms (black fungus, can be found dried at your local Asian grocery), hemp seeds, turmeric, coconut, berries, cacao. Buy organic! 

Join a yoga studio. Sweat out your troubles in a bendy position. 

Try some light supplements. Take l-tyrosine but only occasionally like on the really unmotivated days. Take ginkgo Biloba to improve cognition. Take St. John's wort if you're feeling especially sad. Take a multi-vitamin. With biotin if your hair started to thin like mine did! Btw my hair is back and luscious and sexxaayy.  Thanks sobriety.

Get into something weird and new. Take a week off of life and go on a secret adventure to your nearest spalunking cave! Make it a quest. Tell no one. 

Get a pet rat. They are amazing little creatures. So cute. So smart. So fluffy.

Buy flowers for someone. Bonus points if they are someone who will be like "wtf? why did you give me all these roses???" 

Write love notes, go on a walk and give them out to strangers. 

Learn hebrew. Throw yourself a bar-mitzvah. This is a great way to make friends and meet people. 

Mostly though, a big congrats on quitting! You are doing so great. It's ok to be bored and lazy for a while. And good luck with school. You'll do great and it will keep you busy.

lots of love from lovebear. 

Peace!!

• Like 4