QuittingAdderall.com Forums

First step

Sunnie

I'm in recovery. Four years next Thursday. Hit meetings 3-4x/week. Have a sponsor and sponsees. Been through the steps twice and taken people through. After struggling with trying to "fit" amphetamine dependence to the traditional model of addiction and recovery, I'm still in two minds about whether there are unique aspects to Adderall addiction or not. I really wrestled with this my first 18 months clean, but frankly I just don't care anymore; I've found what works for me.

Not sure these forums are the right place, as this site is dedicated toward quitting Adderall and perhaps not all on here need or are interested in a 12-step program. Administrators/Mike - feel free to weigh in. Honestly, I'm in two minds about it. Several on here I've known for years now aren't involved in a 12-step program, have gotten off Adderall, put together wonderful lives, and don't struggle with other substances. Several have claimed Adderall was their only problem, gotten a year or two off it, then eventually ended up abusing other substances. If you're new here, don't be put off by the fact that many find 12-step programs tremendously helpful. Maybe you would too, but maybe not. Doesn't mean you don't fit in here or can't benefit greatly from the information on this site and the forums. 

If you're interested in learning more about the steps, I'd go straight to the Joe and Charlie tapes, which are available on YouTube and Apple Music, for their explanation.

• Like 3