QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Four Years Ago Today

hyper_critical

Had to look up the definition of magnum opus haha but i like it thanks for expanding my vocab as well :P 

im hoping that the expected time frame for recovery from addiction is similar to getting over a break up... half of the time of the relationship.. on the other hand, before i was addicted to adderall i was addicted to a long list of other things so that protocal doest seem too swift 

Thanks for the positive update on your recovery.  I think those of us with long quitting term success all have total abstinence in common.  For about the first three years of recovery, I noticed yearly improvement with time away from Adderall.  After 3 years, it seems like the daily and seasonal ups and downs of regular life superseded my feelings of Adderall recovery.  

HC - did you notice a plateau in your recovery or has it just kept getting better and better the longer you are free from Adderall?

• Like 4

Hey Quit-Once,

Good question. I attribute a lot of my gains the last year to working a program of recovery. But to answer your question: yes, things are getting better and better. Whether that's because of additional time away from the drug or now that my faculties have returned, me taking responsibility to continue growing from here (which includes working on managing my ADHD) is tough to know.

H-C

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Can't believe you've been quit for 4 years. That also means I have a 4 year anniversary coming up. Wow.  I'm super busy these days  new job and probably should get back to work but I'm glad I checked in today. Make sure you do something nice for yourself today.  Little changes daily make big changes happen.  Congrats. 

• Like 3