QuittingAdderall.com Forums

No im not taking it easy thank you.

Frank B

I'm not here to please the masses not here to say follow me. What I'm here to say if you find something you enjoy and can still work your ass off not on adderall? Answer is yes you can do it after you quit! How long? Seems a year plus a couple months for me at least. Do you need to meditate and stay on a strict diet ? No you don't but watching what you eat and working out if your not doing physical labor helps. Do you take supplements? No it's all bs I do take Wellbutrin it helped me out a lot u might look into it if your passed a year but keep struggling. Does prayer work ? No didn't do much for me hope a God is around but until I die I sure don't know neither does anyone else! Hope this hits home for someone who was struggling like me it's a bitch to quit I'm not home free I'd say until I'm on my death bed that's the only time I can say I will never go back. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicole88 said:

Lol @ the supplements. I've spent a ton of money on supplements since quitting and im pretty sure it's all BS too. Sometimes I try and convince myself it's working tho lol!!

I wasted way too much money on that crap but I think for some if you take something and it really helps your body was lacking whatever it was. But if your like me spent hundreds on many different supplements and felt hardly anything your just wasting your money. 

• Like 1

Great post Frank, I agree with the supplements statement, I took all kinds of stuff too in the past year and they didn't do jack except maybe placebo effect. Now that I'm coming up on one year I am thinking of trying Wellbutrin too. I am scared because I don't want to get addicted to something else. Is it anything like Adderall in terms of addiction risk?

Addicted no but will you rely on it ? yes. What I mean by that is you won't get a high by taking more than subscribed but u really won't have the urge either. If you take it you will rely on it you can't just stop cold turkey without some side effects headache depression come back etc. The side effects on this are next to nothing and if anything boost your sex drive it's really the only antidepressants that will do that.

I really did not want to ever take another medication and took over a year plus before I gave in. Look at it this way adderal is a 45 magnum  and Wellbutrin is maybe 22 caliber if that. It does have some stimulant effects if I took this right after I quit adderal doubt it would have done anything for me. It has been used for people quitting meth so it definitely falls in line for us. I did the strict diet, exersize and still do but it was never enough to get me over that hump but I took a lot of adderal for several years also. 

• Like 3