QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So done!

Lalafro

How do I get off this drug? Do I tell my Dr and hope he can taper me off? I've been on Adderall for a few years. I'm suppose to take 60 mg a day but sometimes I take more. And I hate it! It consumes my thoughts every minute. I don't want to be dependent on it anymore. I know it has changed my personality completely. I'm not the person I once was. I'm truly scared to death about the impending withdrawals. I have two kids to raise. How am I going to get through this? I feel lost and alone and wish I had never taken that first pill. Anyone have advice? Please help me!

Ask for support for family and friends. Try to take a week off. One week will at least get you past the worst part of the withdrawal. I know my current story is not motivational, but I did quit for three years and know I can do it again. If you have to feign illness, do that. Do whatever it takes to give yourself a week of time, so you can have FREEDOM for the rest of you life. It's not easy at first and when life gets stressful you have to be strong. Exercise as much as possible. Walk for 10 minutes at first if that is all you can manage to do. You CAN do this and BELIEVE that you WILL! 60 mg or a little more is not beyond the point of return-I PROMISE. 

We try to please everyone. Just take that week for yourself-however you have to do it! I promise you will be forever grateful you made the decision.

• Like 2

Thank you for your encouragement. My problem is I have kids so don't know how I can just take a week off. There have been several times lately where I've passed out and not gotten up for 2 days. It's like I'm comatose. Thank God for my mom's help with my kids. I just can't live like this anymore. It's like I have no feelings anymore. I hate being this way.

• Like 1

I just got rid of my remaining pills and went cold turkey.  To me, tapering of would just delayed the inevitable and I wanted to start on my recovery asap. 4 days after I quit I made an appt with my doctor and told her I didn't ever want to be prescribed this medication or anything similar ever again. I confessed to her the side effects I was experiencing, which I had always kept secret from her.  2 weeks into recovery I ripped up my remaining scripts.  Now I have no choice but to live adderall free.  It's been a little over a month and I've never been happier.  The storm in my brain is finally over.  My motivation is still non existent, but everyday it gets a little better. I'll take peace and happiness over false motivation anyway. 

• Like 2