QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Maintain Responsibilities-Highest Dosages

Spirit76

I am sure something to this extent has been posted about before, but I am wondering if anyone out there has managed to quit while maintaining responsibilities. It seems like the easy way out would be to quit work, run away from daily responsibilities, but what if you can't. I know I have done it in the past, but after relapse my addiction is at the point of spiraling out of control. In the past, I used to be able to taper off with a minor crash. Now I just crave taking them all and hoping that some miracle will happen and I will be able to work through WILL. Naive, I believe. 

I am also curious to see, who has been successful, in getting off of Adderall from a high dosage. And what was the dosage? And what actions did you take?

• Like 1

What are your responsibilities? Make a detailed list. Put it on paper. Think of this as homework I'm giving you. Write a detailed list of everything you have to do to achieve the BARE MINIMUM it will take for your life to not fall apart.

I was taking 120-150 mgs a day at 130 pounds. If you take into account mgs/body weight that's pretty damn high. I'm 9 months clean now. What I did? Asked my boss to work 3 days a week for a few months. I told him I needed a few days a week to work on homework for an online class I wasn't taking. My coworkers thought I was all at school when really I was watching netflix trying to get my brain to recover a little. And when I was at work, I did jack shit. Barely made my deadlines and did really low quality work. They hardly noticed, it was surprising. And then I just waited. That's all you can do. Do the minimum, take care of yourself, and wait.

Make your list! Best, cheerio.

• Like 1

Thank you for your advice. My situation is very similar to yours. I have quit for 3 years in the past and I know I can do it again. Great idea. I am going to just relax and have faith it will all work out. And I will quit trying to take on everything at work in the meantime, because i don't need to. I have just been a people pleaser/perfectionist for too long. And I will accept that right now I can't be that. Thank you. It's comforting to know there are others out there like me!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 9:47 PM, Spirit76 said:

Thank you for your advice. My situation is very similar to yours. I have quit for 3 years in the past and I know I can do it again. Great idea. I am going to just relax and have faith it will all work out. And I will quit trying to take on everything at work in the meantime, because i don't need to. I have just been a people pleaser/perfectionist for too long. And I will accept that right now I can't be that. Thank you. It's comforting to know there are others out there like me!

How did you go 3 years free then dive back into this? Just curious that sort of scares me to be honest. 

• Like 2

@Frank B Good question. And worst decision of my life. It started with feeling fatigued, possibly from boredom at work. I had gained wait and went to a weight loss clinic where they gave me phentermine. I truly believe that's were it started.

Fast forward a few months and I had a new more stressful position at work. Six figures blah blah blah. I went to a psychiatrist for anxiety and next thing you know, I figure I might as well get Adderall again.

I was successful, but would have been far more successful without. I want to quit to learn to live life without Adderall, but my significant other has had it with my going back and forth.

I don't see any other way other than taking time and healing, so I never fall into this evil trap again. And life was wonderful Adderall free, I think excerise will be a major "must" on this final time quitting adderall before I ruin my life completely.