QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Rehab for adderall addiction?

Hello and welcome!

i went through a 4 week inpatient program. I was also coming off of alcohol and benzos so it was not hard to get it approved as medically necessary. I had a 10 day detox and benzo taper which really kept me comfortable.

Your experience will vary greatly depending on the program you go through. I researched a ton of places when I was looking (in hindsight, I was incredibly paranoid at the time and I literally did not trust anyone and was sure they were all setting me up and I was going to get a $20k bill or something LOL!) I eventually settled on the only place that was willing to give me a written contract stating they would not balance bill me since I was using out of network benefits. They held true to their word and the rehab was WONDERFUL! It allowed me to take a step back from my life (which was literally falling apart by the minute) and just put some time between me and all of the using. It was more like a 4 week vacation than anything, I was able to bring my cellphone and laptop, we did yoga and meditation on the beach, they took us to the gym and weekend field trips, I wish I could go back to be honest. I was so scared prior to going, but having gone through it I could not reccommend it more if it is an option.

Had I not had insurance, it would not have been an option for me and I would probably have taken the FMLA and detoxed at home. Still trying to work just was not viable. Lots of people on here have done it on their own so that is definitely possible as well!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nicole88 said:

Hello and welcome!

i went through a 4 week inpatient program. I was also coming off of alcohol and benzos so it was not hard to get it approved as medically necessary. I had a 10 day detox and benzo taper which really kept me comfortable.

Your experience will vary greatly depending on the program you go through. I researched a ton of places when I was looking (in hindsight, I was incredibly paranoid at the time and I literally did not trust anyone and was sure they were all setting me up and I was going to get a $20k bill or something LOL!) I eventually settled on the only place that was willing to give me a written contract stating they would not balance bill me since I was using out of network benefits. They held true to their word and the rehab was WONDERFUL! It allowed me to take a step back from my life (which was literally falling apart by the minute) and just put some time between me and all of the using. It was more like a 4 week vacation than anything, I was able to bring my cellphone and laptop, we did yoga and meditation on the beach, they took us to the gym and weekend field trips, I wish I could go back to be honest. I was so scared prior to going, but having gone through it I could not reccommend it more if it is an option.

Had I not had insurance, it would not have been an option for me and I would probably have taken the FMLA and detoxed at home. Still trying to work just was not viable. Lots of people on here have done it on their own so that is definitely possible as well!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and being so honest. I'm glad to hear that even from how nervous/scared/fragile you were it still felt somewhat like a vacation. And phewf I feel relieved knowing I can take my cell phone. It sounds like you had the best experience and I'm hoping for that too!  

Of course! Most places will not let you take your cell phone so that is something you have to find out ahead of time. Also, what I learned from my research is that the cost is pretty much the same regardless of the quality of the program so if you have a say, definitely do a bit of research. Of all the places I looked at, I went to what I considered the nicest one but it was actually the lowest out of pocket cost for me and they also payed for airfare. Basically, if you have private insurance you can almost always get in anywhere and the price is negotiable. 

• Like 1

Yes. Argued viciously against it, though deep down I knew how bad I was and eventually gave in to the pressure from my family. 

Thank God. Saved my life. 

Did three weeks at Seabrook House in New Jersey, then three months at their extended inpatient facility. Kicking and screaming every step of the way. Thought I would be two weeks in and out and back to work. SO GRATEFUL to have had the opportunity to heal like that early on.

Do it the right way and you only have to go through early recovery once. 

• Like 4