QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Dunn Dun (jaws theme) PAWS!

14 hours ago, featherdusters said:

How far along are you? I think I am at 15 months. 

I'm at 18 months. I wouldn't say every single day sucks anymore, it is getting better, but it takes a LONG ass time!! I can't wait until the day when I can say this is 100% behind me. I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

• Like 2

It's great to hear you are having good days. :) I have a few here and there and then get sucked back under. One day we will be done with all of this. I have a countdown timer to my two year mark. Time moves more quickly now than it did at the start of this process, it was slow as molasses. Now a few days can pass where I don't think much about withdrawal. I will be great once this is over. Hang in there! 

• Like 2

The ketogenic diet will help alleviate many of these ;).

Takes quite the commitment, and you want to do quite a bit of research before starting (or see a keto-friendly dietition). I'm about 2 months from my last pink pill after being enslaved for 11 years and haven't had any cravings for my Adderall (or carbs for that matter ;) ). I actually read in one of my texts that Narcoleptics are using the diet to help them with energy/staying awake, etc. I'm actually thinking of entrepreneurial ideas to help addicts get clean using dietary ketosis.

I'm going to be making a thread about my quit story soon enough.

Would you believe me if I said it helps with all of the above? Because it does. It's weird, I've been anxious my entire life, and I love looking folks in the eye now and peering into their reality while speaking to them. After quitting Adderall, I'm down from 1.5mg Klonopin/day to 0.5mg/day and I'm about ready to come down to 0.25mg/day. I'm on nothing else, I'm not even regularly drinking caffeine. Gotta give the adrenals a break, no? ;)

I'd recommend a couple books if this has grabbed your interest: Keto Clarity and/or The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living. My local Barnes & Nobles had Keto Clarity in stock. Keto Clarity has a case study of a 21 year old who stopped taking his Adderall after starting the keto diet. You can find many other anecdotal reports out there online.

Also, if I could recommend one resource on YouTube it would be "stephanie keto person". The first video I saw from her when I began this 'way of life', I didn't subscribe and wrote her off as a little off her rocker, but she knows her stuff and has worked with thousands of people helping them get into nutritional ketosis. She also collaborated on the Keto Clarity book.