QuittingAdderall.com Forums

On Ughhh Days..

duffman

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitely relate to your experience. I'm only 2-3 months clean (but I never really used more than 40-60mg per day--100mg one time landed me in the ER--so maybe I'm having a more ok time with withdrawal than some others that were I to 100+ daily) but the fatigue is unmistakable. 

Do do you ever wonder if it's just in our heads, though? For some people with ADD, 60mg daily is a normal dose, and they manage to go off of it to have kids, take a break, retire, whatever...and I doubt they struggle with debilitating fatigue for years afterwards, or else they wouldn't do it. Maybe it's just our lasting memory of being like Superman, occasional wistful adderall thoughts, that dupe us into reading too deeply into occasional tiredness? 

This is certainly not to minimize your (and my) struggle with those ugh days. They're plenty real!

I believe the power of belief is strong enough to compensate to an extent but to truely believe you have to be able to forget. I can't believe it's all in my head because of science. Which there will always be a physical constraint of the physical world but I think if you forgot all your experience and believe in just yourself and the moment you're in, it would compensate a lot for the side effects and that's why some feel better than others.

I don't think anyone has a 100% recovery instantly. Also I think another variable to belief therefore side effects is sensitivy. Some people have dull and relatively weak physical sense, they take a lot more stimuli so they go about seemingly easier than someone who is a lot more physically conscious and sensitive where a little change is intense where that same change might not even register to the other person. Just an opinion/idea/theory. The person that is less sensitive will say they're just stronger and tougher and that the sensitive person is weak but again I think perception and the brains sensitivy varies and that both have strengths and weaknesses. 

So a person who is not very sensitive and refuses to acknowledge the past and scientific data will have a stronger belief in themselves and that it's just in their head and possibly will experience/notice less side effects. 

And on the other end a really sensitive person who acknowledges the physical chemistry and has vivid strong sensitive memory that is just realistic as the moment their in will notice/experience the drastic difference in their state making it harder to forget and be in the moment and weaker belief it's in their head

Just and idea and a relativity thing. I can't say which is better because I think there's something to be learned in each experience and people are just built different for different purposes. 

Sorry if this is jumbled or hard to follow