QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Relapsing after 10 months, have I lost the progress I made?

Meganelizabeth

Last month I broke down and got a new perscription. I feel awful about it and I feel like I have lost progress I had made. I was very proud of myself for being able to quit and now I feel awful, the same sleepless nights, restless talking and heart palpitations. I should have known I couldn't "handle" it better this time. I was just curious if anyone had experience quitting for a long period of time and going back? Have I lost all the progress I made?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meganelizabeth said:

Thankyou for the advice, I've proved to myself that I can quit now. After a couple of days off of it I don't feel nearly as awful as the withdrawal from taking it for five years. 

The make it or break step for you is going to be cutting off your doctor. So many people here will quit temporarily but as long as you have that access to your doctor script --- it doesnt work. 

Have a person close to you call them. My aunt called my doctor. It was horrible at the time but the best thing that could have happened to me. I now clean for 6+ years

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Meganelizabeth said:

Thankyou for the advice, I've proved to myself that I can quit now. After a couple of days off of it I don't feel nearly as awful as the withdrawal from taking it for five years. 

I just wanted to say if you have decided to quit. Then you know what you need to do to quit. If you can't cut off your doctor it means you are still wavering on whether to quit or not. Does that make sense?

• Like 2

On 8/4/2017 at 9:49 PM, Greg said:

I just wanted to say if you have decided to quit. Then you know what you need to do to quit. If you can't cut off your doctor it means you are still wavering on whether to quit or not. Does that make sense?

Yes I agree it definitely makes it harder when you have the option right there. The mental part of the addiction is the hardest for me. My doctor didn't even question refilling after I hadn't for 10 months. Which is confusing to me. In high-school I mentioned to him the side affects I was having and he just switched from Xr to ir, it seems like taking you off of the medication is never really an option to them. The same goes for other people I know with prescriptions.