QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Watch the youtube video I just made, its short but inspiring!

Mark G

On 8/18/2017 at 6:01 AM, Mark G said:

So I just quit adderall a week ago after taking it for 5 years, Its very hard for me to write so I made a quick youtube video that will motivate and inspire yall. 

You guys can do it, if I quit you can also.

Youtube - 

I just watched this and i have been going through similar stuff, including being mad all the time.. the smallest things set me off... today is day 1 of no adderall for me. I was getting 20 xr and 15 instants so i took my last prescription, the xr first for weening myself off. Then the instants. I feel like a slow slug today though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 9:02 PM, Greg said:

Welcome. Awesome and inspiring video. So many things hit home in what you said. Thanks for sharing and keep it up. Keep us posted on the progress. Also great job on cutting off your doctor and keeping away all access to it. That's always the hardest part.

Yes Thats very important to cut off your doctor and adderall friends but I did just relapse and made a second video on it

thank yo for your support. Its hard but with others help we can all do it!!

On 8/20/2017 at 6:08 PM, Theresa said:

I just watched this and i have been going through similar stuff, including being mad all the time.. the smallest things set me off... today is day 1 of no adderall for me. I was getting 20 xr and 15 instants so i took my last prescription, the xr first for weening myself off. Then the instants. I feel like a slow slug today though. 

I understand your position completly and was in your spot recently too. Quit you know you can. Have family members help, if not have friends help. If that doesnt work go to gym all the time, go on nature walks without your phone.

I just relapsed but ill get right back up. 

4 hours ago, Mark G said:

I understand your position completly and was in your spot recently too. Quit you know you can. Have family members help, if not have friends help. If that doesnt work go to gym all the time, go on nature walks without your phone.

I just relapsed but ill get right back up. 

Stay positive and maybe think about nor keeping it around. I just took it at a lower dose until i as out. I actually feel amazing. I feel more myself than i have in years. I am trying to avoid drinking because it just makes me crave adderall the next day. 

16 minutes ago, Theresa said:

Stay positive and maybe think about nor keeping it around. I just took it at a lower dose until i as out. I actually feel amazing. I feel more myself than i have in years. I am trying to avoid drinking because it just makes me crave adderall the next day. 

Yes, So true! Drinking will make you trip up.

And every day that I go to the gym, eat 3 times a day, ice cold showers and stay sober 

I feel a side of me I enjoy and love. More of my humor is back, and I don't get mad/irritated as much 

at the smallest things. Don't want or have the urge to fight a coworker for whistling or doing something

harmless. Like I actually feel hella good being off addys. It takes about a week to get back into my healthy  

routine but after I do, quitting is sooo worth it. I hope the best for you Theresa!!!! Be strong don't let that craving pull you back in!

It's a long journey brother I'm on my 20th month I think now (nov 24th my two year quit date.) No way could I say yet I've quit successfully reason being still feeling like I have not fully recovered yet. I think until you really feel self motivated at least like I was before I started the ability to relapse is always a possibility. Only way to prevent giving up you absolutely must get rid of any pills, tell your doctor your a addict, cut off ties with any friends and hate to say but really even family members who take it. Last week had a few couple bad days know I would have given in if it was available glad I did not have that option so far this week going so much better, but it's like that ups and downs for along time. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mark G said:

Yes, So true! Drinking will make you trip up.

And every day that I go to the gym, eat 3 times a day, ice cold showers and stay sober 

I feel a side of me I enjoy and love. More of my humor is back, and I don't get mad/irritated as much 

at the smallest things. Don't want or have the urge to fight a coworker for whistling or doing something

harmless. Like I actually feel hella good being off addys. It takes about a week to get back into my healthy  

routine but after I do, quitting is sooo worth it. I hope the best for you Theresa!!!! Be strong don't let that craving pull you back in!

Holy shit! The fact that you said whistling lol i did even think about that one but i somehow created this major pet peeve to it. Im sure it wont bottle me so much now though! 

This site has been a big eye opener for me (:

On 8/29/2017 at 3:12 PM, Theresa said:

Holy shit! The fact that you said whistling lol i did even think about that one but i somehow created this major pet peeve to it. Im sure it wont bottle me so much now though! 

This site has been a big eye opener for me (:

Yes you are not the only one struggling!!

Its honestly not only whistling, its eating loud slurping, coughing, etc etc.

Those things set me off so much its really crazy. Like I looked at myself and analyzed

my personallity on adderall and came to a conclution that if I was someone else

and I met me id hate to be my friend. All those little things that I do on adderall id hate in a friend.

It would be way too annoying. Anyway please keep in touch if you want anyone to talk to about

adderall. I am struggling really hard to quit and have a ton of experience in this unfortunately lol

Remember we only change things that we are not comfortable with anymore. If you become 

comfortable with your addiction or the pros outweigh the cons you wont change.