QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Just Got Dumped

Cheeri0

Hey everyone. I've been clean from adderall for 1 year now (woo) and sober from alcohol for 11 months. This should be a happy time and an upbeat/celebratory post, but I'm struggling. My boyfriend of three years just ended things last night.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if he could get past all the things I put him through when I was using. I know I have to accept the consequences of my actions, but I'm just beyond devastated right now. I really thought he was the one and I'm still so in love with him. I just don't know where to go from here. I don't want it to impact my recovery, but fuck. I've never hurt this bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheeri0 said:

Hey everyone. I've been clean from adderall for 1 year now (woo) and sober from alcohol for 11 months. This should be a happy time and an upbeat/celebratory post, but I'm struggling. My boyfriend of three years just ended things last night.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if he could get past all the things I put him through when I was using. I know I have to accept the consequences of my actions, but I'm just beyond devastated right now. I really thought he was the one and I'm still so in love with him. I just don't know where to go from here. I don't want it to impact my recovery, but fuck. I've never hurt this bad.

Truly a bittersweet moment for you. Right now, you need to take care of yourself instead of worrying about accepting the consequences of your past actions. I understand you're in a lot of pain right now and Adderall and/or alcohol may seem like very tempting options because they're reliably numbed you out in the past. But do not give in. This will probably be your most challenging trial yet. 

• Like 4

Hey cheeri0, I understand how you feel and how tough it is. My girlfriend of 7 years left me two weeks after I quit. It's been four months since then and it hasn't been easy. It's been the hardest longest four months of my life. You can do it though. Just do your best and take care of yourself, it'll all be okay. 

• Like 3

First of all, congratulations on a year!!! Gosh, that is huge. I know I don't need to remind you that adderall nor alcohol will make the situation any better, as tempting as they may sound. I definitely understand the pain you are feeling right now. You may have seen in some of my posts that a breakup has been my biggest struggle this past year as well, though it was about 3 months prior and really the motivating force that led to my quit. I understand how much it hurts, and really the only thing that is going to heal it is time. In the meantime, focus on yourself, be proud of how far you've come, and stay on track. If you need or want to talk about anything, I am all ears :) 

• Like 3

I'm so sorry :(  Break ups are the worst. And it's even harder when you're already feeling like shit. I know how you feel, unfortunately. Be sure to be strong and DON'T give into your temptations! It would only be a temporary fix, and then you would end up feeling even more pain. Once again, I'm so sorry and I know how much it hurts. 

• Like 4