QuittingAdderall.com Forums

New to this site and deciding to talk about this

Jan

Hi. I cant sleep and I just stumbled on this site. I have never chatted about this before but maybe I need to. I am a mother of three great kids in a very "perfect people and judgmental upper class area". The first time I tried adderall, a friend convinced me to and I decided to try it for the energy and potential happy feeling I was told I should get. That was with only 5 mg and boy did it work!. Its been 13.5 years since that day and (with a few different short and longer term breaks) I have been using it, abusing it at times, wishing for it, waiting for my next script of it, dreaming about it, panicking about it, and learning to live with the way I am now. In all honesty, I've also had some amazingly happy times from it! I had many years of being stunningly fit, happy, and attractive because of it and I am glad I got to know what it feels like to look amazing in a bikini especially while being a well known supermom and wife by everyone in town. Those days are over now though. I still take it somewhat regularly but now I am divorced, secluded from the public for the most part by choice, and worst of all.... I am huge! I gained over one hundred pounds in a few months over a year ago and this is just what i am now. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. i've been off for eleven months and my net weight gain is 7 lbs. I look great physically for a 43 year old. Not trying to brag but give hope to others and let them know it is possible to quit and keep your weight in check. I eat healthy and exercise.  There are no short cuts. I avoid carbs as much as I can. I am not trying to lose the 7 lbs either. I am now at the weight I should be.  I was too skinny on adderall. 

Same here fellas, I'm 31 and I'm the most fit I've ever been.  After quitting adderall, I gained tons of weight and got up to almost 260lbs.  After several months of the gym and meal prepping every Sunday and being mindful of what I put into my body, I'm 214lbs and stronger than I've ever been.  Its crazy how much adderall distracted us from taking care of our body.  I mean you only get one after all.  Now I enjoy fueling my body with healthy foods and trying to figure out what combination of nutrition, cardio and strength training makes me feel optimal.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2017 at 1:50 PM, marybelle said:
11 hours ago, Tom23Jones said:

Same here fellas, I'm 31 and I'm the most fit I've ever been.  After quitting adderall, I gained tons of weight and got up to almost 260lbs.  After several months of the gym and meal prepping every Sunday and being mindful of what I put into my body, I'm 214lbs and stronger than I've ever been.  Its crazy how much adderall distracted us from taking care of our body.  I mean you only get one after all.  Now I enjoy fueling my body with healthy foods and trying to figure out what combination of nutrition, cardio and strength training makes me feel optimal.

Note to people quitting gaining a lot is fine. Take a month to enjoy food and just be lazy it’s too much pressure to quit go on a diet and hit the gym. If you can that’s great but for me took a month of being very lazy you know like a teenager eating Cheetos playing video games lol. But eventually you’ll wanna get into a healthy routine just don’t push too hard that first 30-60 days may cause you to relapse.

• Like 1