QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Off adderall for 7 days but right now im craving it. What do I do

Mark G

So Ive been craving adderall all day long and my work that im doing requires me to sit still and concentrate 

Its almost like I cant even get my hand to move and open up the program to work.  Like I know that If I wrote this I can do that 

and maybe it is all placebo but does anyone have any advice?

Thank you!!  

Okay so this is a weird thing I do when I'm having trouble with one particular task, I'm not sure if it'll help you but I'll share just in case:

So when I was having an issue motivating myself to get started on a menial job at work (I worked in data services, so I did a lot of mindless data entry/importing/exporting) I used the "fake to-do list" approach. So if you have to do task X, make yourself a fake to-do list where task X is at the bottom. For instance: 1) go get water from the water fountain 2) check break room for any mess you might have left 3) ask your boss about the week's schedule 4) text friend about weekend plans 5) open up the program and start task X

even if you don't HAVE to do items 1-4, putting them in a list and acknowledging that they're mildly productive always made it easier for me to get started. Let me know if it helps! Good luck and stay strong, don't use no matter what.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks since your post, I hope it got better for you!

At 7 days for me I thought I was going to die. I was as my doc getting blood tests and event an MRI as I had sharp stomach pains. All of which came up fine and pain was likely just constipation. Adderall really threw off my digestion pre and post quitting.

Take supplements. L-Thyrosine and many others you can find here so help. 5-Htp helps my anxiety a bit.

Simple lists really helped. Nothing too crazy just the very basics to start.

Exercise in the morning if you can fine anyway to do it! This will really help at least the first half of your day. On my bad days I would still crash in the afternoon so be patient.

So your best to take it one day at a time, thinking too far forward will stress you out and cause anxiety. I am at 4mo and still working thru this day by day however any craving and long since subsided.