Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nicole88

14 months!! :)

2 posts in this topic

Hey QA friends!! Just doing a check in for my 14 month milestone tomorrow!! I'm happy to report that I am still doing well, to my own surprise. Honestly, it feels like the last 4 months or so have been a cosmic shift from the first 10 months of my quit. Don't get my wrong, my life situation is still a mess as a result of my adderall/alcohol/benzo use. I'm still several years from paying off the debt I acquired and still learning to come to terms with destroying a relationship that could have been something great, but I think the main difference now is my confidence and belief in my ability to get through this. I honestly spent the first 10 months consumed with so much guilt and self-hatred that I wasn't doing much more than laying around waiting/hoping to die. I'm sure this sounds extreme, but life hardly felt worth living. I at least now have hope for the future and have tasted a glimpse of what it could be like. The gratitude I feel for overcoming this addiction is indescribable, and I feel like it has given me an appreciation for life that I never could have had without this experience, and for that, I am forever thankful!!!

7 people like this

I love this!  I'm almost at 5 months. Nice to hear there's some light at the end of the tunnel! Great job Nicole! You should feel very proud of yourself! 

3 people like this