QuittingAdderall.com Forums

4mo Off and Up and Down Days?

EricP

Anyone here that went thru their months of withdraw/healing with up and down days? 

For example Sunday and Monday were not bad for me, I got some things done and felt "ok". Even exercised... Then yesterday was miserable, I could barely get myself to work and was near useless. 

Then Today, I feel pretty "ok" again... Why this cycle. I cannot think of anything I have done differently on any of these days. 

Is this a normal part of my body adjusting?

• Like 1

Its definitely normal.  I agree with you that its very frustrating having the highs and lows when you aren't doing anything drastically different.  I've seen it written many times on here that recovering from adderall addiction is definitely not a linear process. I'm coming up on 16 months and I still have good days and bad.  I don't want that to discourage you though, my good stretches can now be  for weeks or months but occasionally the anxiety and feeling like I can't do the most simple task will creep back in.  I recall someone on here saying that its part of the brain repairing itself slowly overtime.  

• Like 1

Thank you for this, glad I am not alone on that symptom. I am not a doctor however from a lot of reading and just some logical thought I think it comes down to dopamine adjusting and reserves rebuilding and replenishing without the meds forcing every last drop daily. Now without the meds pumping it seems my best most productive days deplete reserves and the following day is often my crash. It's scary stuff if you read about it from a medical perspective, so I am trying to do less of that and just living one day at a time. 

Today I got up early, went for a run and mild workout and pretty focused at the moment. So happy for today at least :)

• Like 2

True, some of the stuff you read can be pretty scary but I've also a ton of stuff that shows the brain has an amazing ability to repair itself.  The fact that it can take years sucks but I'm already at almost 16 months and it feels like I just quit so time goes by quick.  

Exercise definitely helps me big time also.  Sometimes when I'm feeling super down, I'll force myself to go for a run or lift weights and its like instant clarity.

Thank you Tom!

I had a couple really good days at the end of last week with exercise incorporated.

Then yesterday I went for a run first thing and some weights and pretty much struggled and crashed the rest of the day after that. I think as my body adjusts and gives me those couple "good days" I need to hold back a little to leave more for the next 3-4. Almost like the dopamine storage runs out or something.