QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Exercise and Soreness

EricP

I have been exercising on and off since I stopped Adderall 4 months ago. However to keep pushing toward recovery over this past week I have forced myself to get a good 15-30 minutes of cardio followed by 15-30 minutes of weights. The variable in time is just that the bad days I can barely stand 30min of workout. 

While even on my bad days exercising does help me feel a bit better. It doesn't restore my missing energy levels by any means however I do at least get some sense of restored clarity. On good days it really helps a lot!

This last week+ I have really pushed workouts only skipping one day that was a long very physical work day. The biggest issue I am finding with this is the muscle soreness. It seems the recovering/healing time is not near what it used to be. As I lay here typing this morning my legs are a bit heavy, a bit tingly with slight burning sensations. Even my arm and hands a bit tingly. I want to push to workout again today however not sure I can handle much more muscle pain.

Just trying to figure out if this is normal in PAWS or maybe just still adjusting from being less active. Any others experience anything like this with body aches and find aids to combat this?

I just bought some Creatine from GNC so plan to try adding that to my protein shakes after workouts. 

• Like 1

I think creatine does help rebuild muscle tissue faster but be sure to drink plenty of water also. I do normally one day weights next day cardio. Giving your body a day between the weight training helps muscle recover time. Your tearing and rebuilding muscle tissue have to let it have that recovery time. 

Yeah it is likely trying to do too much at once.

I used to do some cardio every day when I would workout as my warm up and did well with that however that was also a good 10 years ago now. I have always been active however I am sure at 34 my body tolerated and healed much faster than now at 44!