QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Anyone taken Lexapro while on Adderall?

sadderall

I wasn't sure where to post this topic so I posted it in general discussion.

Has anyone taken Lexapro while on Adderall? While I was on adderall for a year I believed I was depressed and my doctor put me on Lexapro. Now Im almost hitting two months off adderall and I'm thinking I should get off the Lexapro as well. I'm scared I won't be able to handle it and become extremely emotionally unstable- although I feel like I'm emotionally numb most of the time. 

Any advice? Thank you all for being here. 

I was on Zoloft while on Adderall which is also an SSRI, however I quit taking that first and didn't notice at all. Now that I quit Adderall (4mo) I am "day by day" in how I feel and contemplating getting on some sort of antidepressant again. Emotionally numb is definetly very familiar.

I read elsewhere that if you start taking an SNRI after Adderall it can help speed up the dopamine recovery process indirectly by boosting the other neurotransmitters... I have a doc appt next week and was going to ask about it. Scared to try anything with a prescription at this point though. 

I'd definitely get off but you will have withdraw for sure. Lexapro is a SSRI my opinion it's a suicide pill causing worse depression vs not even having it. Wellbutrin is a NDRI I think the safest of any antidepressants any many on here quitting used it for help. But it's no miracle cure if anything most all of those meds do not make you happy it makes you feel nothing and that itself can make you more depressed. I wish a real happy pill was available but none are except pain pills man loved them but like addy it comes crashing down lol. Do your research on quitting I'm not sure if it's better to bite the bullet now or wait but either way freedom is med free and takes a lot of dedication and sacrifice to get yourself back. I wish you luck and post on here let us know how your doing. 

• Like 1