QuittingAdderall.com Forums

L-Tyrosine: For Those of You Who Noticed a Difference...

Hey, guys,

I've read a bit about L-Tyrosine and how it can help with recovery, so I grabbed a bottle of 1000 mg tablets and took two on an empty stomach a few minutes ago. Fingers crossed it helps!

I was just wondering, for those of you who have taken this supplement and noticed a difference, how long was it until you... well, noticed a difference? A few hours, days, weeks? What did that difference consist of, exactly? I know it won't "replace" the adderall--nothing will, I guess--I just want an idea of what to look out for. I've seen a couple of threads on this supplement, and they're great, very informative. But I'd like more information from more people, if at all possible. :)

Thanks in advance!

When I was taking L-tyrosine, I was taking about 1g in the morning and sometimes 1g in the afternoon. At first, it made me much more focused, driven, and less depressed, but it also reminded me a bit too much of adderall. I kept taking it for a few weeks, but I began to notice that after awhile it was making me grumpy and even less social, so I decided to stop taking it. On some days I also noticed my anxiety was much higher from taking it. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 7:18 PM, quit-once said:

Are you still taking adderall?

I am not. Totally cold turkey this time. :)

Well, I can safely say L-Tyrosine doesn't do much for me, if anything at all. But every little bit counts, so I'll throw my weight behind this one. Thanks for replying, guys!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I figured I’d add my two cents. 

I was taking 3000mg 2-3X a day along with multiple preworkouts a day. I didn’t think it did anything so when I ran out I didn’t replace it. After a few days of wondering why I was so tired all the time I made the connection. I don’t think l-tyrosine makes you “feel” anything (at least for me) it’s not like caffeine when there is a clear difference. But, if I don’t take it I do notice. Kind of like how Adderall was in the beginning. I didn’t notice anything, but my world was somehow becoming more organized.

• 8 months later...