QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Biting my tongue more since quitting

Subtracterall

I've been off adderall for almost 11 months after using it as prescribed for approx 12 years. 

Since quitting, I have been biting my tongue a lot more than usual and it's beginning to concern me. I keep thinking it will go away or lessen but it does not. 

It happens when I am chewing. I cannot seem to keep my tongue out of the way of my teeth. 

Has anyone else had this experience or know why this is happening?  

I have a habit of feeling the back of my teeth with my tongue since I quit. More of a nervous habit, sometimes I think its because my gums feel more sensitive however I think the fact that I keep putting pressure on them with my tongue is what is making them sensitive in the first place.

I can't say why you are biting your tongue however maybe some similar nervous habit. Plus in general I have always noticed when I have bitten my tongue it swells up which makes it easier to bite again! Ouch! Not sure what you can do besides trying to eat a little slower and keep a conscious effort of keeping your tongue out of the way. 

• Like 1