QuittingAdderall.com Forums

About to lose it all

dave516

welcome @dave516.  I remember getting to where you are at during my addiction experience.  Somewhere between only using it on the weekends and requiring about 3-4 pills daily in order to function, with more on the weekends.  I continued taking adderall another two years or so.  I hope you are able to kick it sooner that I did - those last two years of adderall were hellish for me.  Please don't loose it all, Dave.  Quit while you have the good sense to make it happen.

• Like 4

Once you quit you will find your anger outbursts diminish greatly in the matter of days! However you will be fatigued. Running will be a great tool no matter how unmotivated you are even running 1-2 mikes will help a lot. Tapering off will be likely a better option. Cut doses in half then slowly skip days would be what I wish I had done. Stopping cold turkey was really bad for me. 

Matter that it's just about making it one day at a time. The first 6mo are pretty hard, recovery is different for everybody however seems pretty consistent that people feel nearly back to Norma around a year of quitting. Please post your questions and progress even if you fail, this forum is very compassionate and helpful.

Best of luck to you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They key to a massive heart attack is taking adderall and running long distances. I work out way more now vs on addy but whenever I did felt my heart about to explode. My kids were one of the main reasons I quit even though on addy many times I’d be up all night like a mad scientist making some crazy electronic thing for them to play with. But overall they needed me vs some stupid gadget I created staying up all night building that was my thing on addy my shop lights never shut off. But I had a lot of regrets many weekends I’d skip going to the park with them over working in my shop and did that for several years. You may feel after stopping your a worse parent for awhile but don’t let that burden you. Yes you’ll be struggling awhile but in the long run it will benefit you and your kids in so many ways. Good luck visit this site often. 

• Like 1