QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Lithium Orotate possibly the missing element to recovery?

I’ve yet to see any talk of lithium orotate on here maybe overlooked it or maybe it’s never been discussed. You may hear the word lithium and discussion over. Before you jump to conclusions do your research. This is completely different than the prescription lithium. The possible benefits to post adderall users are many. It’s sad not one doctor in my life has suggested giving this supplement a try with my lifelong low level depression issues. But of course why would a doctor suggest a non-prescription they can never benefit from. It’s not expensive can be ordered off amazon and may help improve your long road of adderall recovery.  I’ve taken it for a few days myself and can already feel some improvement. I will follow up in 30 days or so to determine if this is a placebo effect or not. But given all the possible benefits felt it was worth posting now. 

• Like 1

I have taken it for about 2-3 months now along with a long list of supplements that include Tyrosine and 5-htp. The Tyrosine is absolutely helpful as I find if need just a little more focus/energy in the afternoon and take about 1000mg I can often get myself off the couch.

The lithium orotate is in my very first am vitamins cocktail along with D3, K1, a multi, B12, B Complex, Taurine, NADH, Lystine, NAC and that's about it. 

This cocktail overall helps my good days actually occur. On days I forget I realize around lunch time that I just feel like I am dragging a bit. So if I happen to be near home I will take before lunch and I do get a bit of my mojo back. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EricP said:

I have taken it for about 2-3 months now along with a long list of supplements that include Tyrosine and 5-htp. The Tyrosine is absolutely helpful as I find if need just a little more focus/energy in the afternoon and take about 1000mg I can often get myself off the couch.

The lithium orotate is in my very first am vitamins cocktail along with D3, K1, a multi, B12, B Complex, Taurine, NADH, Lystine, NAC and that's about it. 

This cocktail overall helps my good days actually occur. On days I forget I realize around lunch time that I just feel like I am dragging a bit. So if I happen to be near home I will take before lunch and I do get a bit of my mojo back. 

I’ve been taking vitamin d, sea grass, fish oil all I think make me healthy but have not really improved my mood. When I started I did take 5-htp did nothing also took tyrosine helped a little of energy but think I grew a tolerance to it very quickly. I’m hoping this lithium does what many claim. Sort of feel everyone is different and certain supplements can be very beneficial to some others not so much. What dosage of Lithium are you taking?  

• Like 1

Yeah the 5htp I was told would help with anxiety and sleep however easy to build a tolerance to it as well... I find a lot of vitamins help for a window then somewhat drop off. I tend to mix some things up if I run out of something I try to go a few days to see if I feel like I notice at all then substitute with something else and see if there is any noticeable change. 

With the lithium I currently take 2ea 120mg tablets. I have read 4 a day/ 2 in afternoon is good also

On 11/26/2017 at 5:00 PM, EricP said:

Yeah the 5htp I was told would help with anxiety and sleep however easy to build a tolerance to it as well... I find a lot of vitamins help for a window then somewhat drop off. I tend to mix some things up if I run out of something I try to go a few days to see if I feel like I notice at all then substitute with something else and see if there is any noticeable change. 

With the lithium I currently take 2ea 120mg tablets. I have read 4 a day/ 2 in afternoon is good also

There are 4.6 mg of elemental lithium in most 120mg tablet. The brand I bought is Weyland it has 5 mg of element per pill. I’ve been doing two in the morning also. Tried one in the afternoon also but seems to keep me up. So far been the most impactful supplement I’ve ever tried really feel its making a difference. I’m usually not one to fall for placebo effect because I’m sort of a negative person but lately been feeling unusually positive. But before I jump ahead of myself give it a few more weeks for a verdict.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kimber said:

Am cycling off and on aniracetam and phenylpiracetam with fleeting success.

i've tried piracetam back in the day, and i don't remember it being very helpful. this new phenylpiracetam sounds like it's much more potent- did you have any positive experiences with it? obviously nothing is going to be stimulating in the same way as adderall, but that's probably the last thing any of us here want (:

On 12/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, Kimber said:

Curious how you're doing with lithium orotate as well.  I recently found info on it and keep revisiting.  

Am cycling off and on aniracetam and phenylpiracetam with fleeting success.

So far still feel it has been very beneficial. It does not really give like a energy boost but gives me noticeable motivation and overall depression issues much improved.  

Thanks Frank,  I may order and try.  So far aniracetam seems to be pretty good for both motivation and depression.  I've tried every almost different anti-depressant and always have horrible side effects...and I'm not really depressed, just never learned that I don't need listen to my mind so much! Nor follow it!.  

Glad for you.

On 12/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, sleepystupid said:

i've tried piracetam back in the day, and i don't remember it being very helpful. this new phenylpiracetam sounds like it's much more potent- did you have any positive experiences with it? obviously nothing is going to be stimulating in the same way as adderall, but that's probably the last thing any of us here want (:

Yes the first day was not adderall, but similiar without the comedown., and definitely builds up tolerance quickly, which is fine.  And learning that I don't need it but if it can help me get through my first year adderall-free, and not be harmful, then I'm all for it.  

On 12/17/2017 at 5:52 PM, Kimber said:

Thanks Frank,  I may order and try.  So far aniracetam seems to be pretty good for both motivation and depression.  I've tried every almost different anti-depressant and always have horrible side effects...and I'm not really depressed, just never learned that I don't need listen to my mind so much! Nor follow it!.  

Glad for you.

Hell it could be all in my head let me know if it helps you out. I can’t promise it will make a big difference but can promise no horrible ass side effects like most suicide pills whoops I mean antidepressants.

• Like 1

I’ve been taking it for about a week now and my anxiety is gone which is a miracle because I had anxiety daily before taking this.  Anyway the bad part for me is that it makes me tired. I haven’t worked out in four days now. Maybe I should not take it during the day anymore. I’m going to try that. Does it make anyone else tired?  I feel like I could sleep for days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Subtracterall said:

I’ve been taking it for about a week now and my anxiety is gone which is a miracle because I had anxiety daily before taking this.  Anyway the bad part for me is that it makes me tired. I haven’t worked out in four days now. Maybe I should not take it during the day anymore. I’m going to try that. Does it make anyone else tired?  I feel like I could sleep for days. 

Glad it’s helping your anxiety. It does not seem to make me tired but know for some it does. Switch it up before bedtime see if that helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 1:45 PM, Frank B said:

Well after a months time still feel this supplement is beneficial. Id actually compare the results to Wellbutrin. No it’s not a magic pill but yes it does help with depression. I’m going to continue taking this maybe test out a little higher or lower dosage see what happens.

glad to hear.  What brand are you using?  I've been having pretty good results anti-depressant results with aniracetam and just ordered a couple of others to try ...Glad you are having some success.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 10:38 AM, Kimber said:

glad to hear.  What brand are you using?  I've been having pretty good results anti-depressant results with aniracetam and just ordered a couple of others to try ...Glad you are having some success.

Bought Bio Tech because it has a 20mg strength. Seems to have leveled out lately not really feeling benefits I did to start. Think it’s still worth a try to anyone on here given the costs and possible benefits. 

I am finding results with most nootropics that if you feel anything it may last a few days then just becomes a new normal which really doesn't feel like anything... Stopping use would be the only way to define at that point if it is doing anything or not. 

I do still take  lithium orotate in my daily cocktail however some days I will forget to take anything all together and make it thru the day without much change overall. Multiple days might be different.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2017 at 1:45 PM, Frank B said:

Well after a months time still feel this supplement is beneficial. Id actually compare the results to Wellbutrin. No it’s not a magic pill but yes it does help with depression. I’m going to continue taking this maybe test out a little higher or lower dosage see what happens.

Were you taking Wellbutrin to get off of adderall? 

I'm currently taking 2 150 mg wellbutrin pills a day as a way of staving off adderall withdrawal. Not sure if this is recommended/helpful, since I know it is KIND OF stimulating