QuittingAdderall.com Forums

PhD, adderall-free!

BeHereNow

Greg!   Our friendship has been one of the KEYS to my quitting, staying clean, and actually becoming at least semi-successful after adderall.   

I know I haven't been on the forum in a long time.  I think maybe I had to stay away in order to stop thinking about it.  But everyone here, this amazing community, you have all been some of the keys to my journey.  And I am so thankful to you all <3  

• Like 1

Well, that is some very good news.  Congratulations!  It took e a minute to remember the name you used to post from.....The Occasional1! 

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have finished your program if you had not quit.  Lack of success is a near certainty while actively persuing an addiction.  

What is your field of study?

Thanks for posting such an encouraging update.  I feel like you were part of my "graduating class" here on QuittingAdderall..... along with @Cassie, @Greg, and @LILTEX41,  @ashly6 and @hyper_critical, and a few more whom I consider my friends here.

Thankfully, a new class of forum posters have emerged to keep things active and interesting around here.  I read far more than I post these days......what a great community we have here. 

• Like 2

this is fantastic news! congratulations (:

14 hours ago, BeHereNow said:

So if you are about to start grad/law/med school and are contemplating quitting, I cannot recommend it enough. 

^^^ this X 100. unfortunately my abuse truly began towards the end of my masters program, which forced me to withdraw from my program with maybe a few months remaining. i had intentions of getting clean and picking up where i left off, but my addiction just got worse after leaving the program, and i procrastinated past the point of being able to actually complete the degree.

adderall is not the tool that you think it is. stop while you can.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...