Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank B

36 hr fasting

7 posts in this topic

Did a fast for 36 hrs only had water, supplements and black coffee yesterday. Just doing some hardcore dieting shit to get ripped “my new hobby”. Even did a workout during the fast. I’m not promoting not eating did a lot of research felt it would benefit my goal. But reason I’m sharing this is after you quit adderal u can have more control over food vs even on adderall. Definitely not something you go for your first couple months or even year. Never during my addy days did I go that long without eating then again had no health goals. I didn’t always eat much but always grazed like a cow eating Reese’s pieces etc crap basically. I now weighing around 168 during my addy days about 190. What I gained from this was appreciation for food how lucky Iam to never have to go through that without choice. I plan on doing it one day a month along with my daily intermittent fasting. I have never had a 6 pack or 4 pack would like to have one by my 40th birthday to prove my teenage son who said sarcastically, “Dad your days of having a 6 pack are long gone.” Lol smart ass but gave me motivation. 

3 people like this

I like to try a 24 hour fast about once per month, with only water and black coffee.  I don't like consuming any calories before noon on most days.  During Adderall, I had similar eating habits as you, I had to eat something in the morning just so the pills would agree with me.  that shit was really hard on my stomach.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, quit-once said:

I like to try a 24 hour fast about once per month, with only water and black coffee.  I don't like consuming any calories before noon on most days.  During Adderall, I had similar eating habits as you, I had to eat something in the morning just so the pills would agree with me.  that shit was really hard on my stomach.

I was gunning for just 24 but the day I stopped eating had a really late dinner like 9:30pm. So once I hit 24 just thought what the hell make it until morning. From all the YouTube’s health gurus what I’m learning to burn fat it’s not about how much but how often and of course can’t be McDonald’s. Also found out the myth I believed about loosing muscle by not eating for a fast is not true. You’d have to hit a true starvation state before that happens. Interesting fact the longest recorded fast was 382 days. Man weighed at the start 456lbs and went down to 180lbs at the end just getting energy all that time from his own fat reserve. 

1 person likes this

I did a 4 day fast about a month ago and it was life changing. I probably won’t go that long again but definitely intermittent fasting is good. I need to lose about 15 pounds but I just love eating good food. Realizing the older I get the harder it will be to lose the pounds so am committing to running and lowering carbs and sugar. I will also do a fast once a month for 1-2 days.

1 person likes this

On 3/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, Danquit said:

I did a 4 day fast about a month ago and it was life changing. I probably won’t go that long again but definitely intermittent fasting is good. I need to lose about 15 pounds but I just love eating good food. Realizing the older I get the harder it will be to lose the pounds so am committing to running and lowering carbs and sugar. I will also do a fast once a month for 1-2 days.

Could you elaborate on what was life changing about it?  I've been wanting to do a longer fast for quite some time.  I do daily intermintent fasting for about 16 hours and have seen benefits from that.  Burning more fat, more mental clarity/energy etc.

1 person likes this

Up until my fast I didn’t really take it seriously. As I went through days 2-3 I really started to understand what people were talking about. It’s hard to describe but ever since the fast I look at food differently and I just had some epiphanies while I was basically starving. I learned that your body can go a lot longer than you think and when you fast you really think about what you want to put back in your body after the fast. The mental clarity was also very enlightening almost like being high or something, it was great!

2 people like this

Wow, a four day fast.  What kinds of liquids did you drink?  I did the master cleanser for ten days a couple of times, in fact, I posted about it over on the supplements forum several years ago:

But the Master Cleanse still provides you calories from the maple syrup.  I think I would like to try a four day fast but I don't know if I am that tough or determined.